Does this look normal to you?

skater69

Registered
I guess all these cracks are just in the paint? Still looks like #### if you ask me....especially on a new bike.

sprocket.jpg

Completely normal and is part of the casting process. I agree it doesn't look good but nothing to worry about, we all have it.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128011716 -->

I hate to throw a negative vote in here but........Mine doesn't look anything like that.  Over the years I've spent allot of time inspecting castings at my various manufactuing/engineering positions.  On a critical part like that, I would be a bit concerned.  Just because many are like that doesn't make it OK!!  I've seen castings in used in much less critical applications fail with much finer contraction voids than those
sad.gif
 I'm going out to inspect all my cast parts.
tounge.gif

Speaking of cast parts on the Busa.......Take a close look at the stock footpegs.  At 290lbs, I'm scared to death to stand up on them, mine are about as fugged up looking as can be.  I'm ordering aftermarket ones TODAY!!

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128017185 -->

Still...You have to be careful with that.....my friend in here (Finland) have same kind of problem.....but..it was much more serious....it was really crack.....He has to change the hole thing to new one....
rock.gif

I'm putting on a 43T anyway so it no matter...
You do realize that those voids are in the hub and not the sprocket right?
rock.gif
Even with a new sprocket you are going to have those cracks...

On another note, you'll love the busa with a 43t rear sprocket. I had that gearing on Train and it friggin' ROCKED! I hope you love power wheelies.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128019889 -->

I'm putting on a 43T anyway so it no matter...
You do realize that those voids are in the hub and not the sprocket right?
rock.gif
Even with a new sprocket you are going to have those cracks...

On another note, you'll love the busa with a 43t rear sprocket. I had that gearing on Train and it friggin' ROCKED! I hope you love power wheelies.
biggrin.gif
ooops...that's right so I'd still have the cracks. Maybe a 42T would be better. I don't wanna do power wheelies just want 6th gear to be more responsive at 85mph. It's a little too tall stock I think.

A 43 tooth is fine for the rear, don't let BT scare ya there. It's a perfect choice. And the casting looks like that on every Busa I've ever seen so if FL Knifemakers doesn't look like that, I'd be more concerned about his.
smile.gif

takeit back if you are worried. Mine is not that bad but it does have some small cracks in the outer layers, kind of looks more cosmetic then structural. If it is still under warranty then have them replace it.

A 43 tooth is fine for the rear, don't let BT scare ya there.  It's a perfect choice.  And the casting looks like that on every Busa I've ever seen so if FL Knifemakers doesn't look like that, I'd be more concerned about his.
smile.gif
I just spit soda out my nose!!!  Thanks BUDDY!!  LOL!!!
I've gone back and looked at Busa's on the showroom floor just to alleviate my fears and everyone has had those casting marks. I won't call them cracks since they appear to be raised ridges.

Can you take a close up pic of yours? If it truly doesn't have any of those casting marks I'll print out the picture and take it to my dealer and get some use out of my extended warranty.

Back