My whereabouts this year!

brpo

Registered
Decided to hit parts of Virginia and surrounding states via mostly dirt and gravel roads. Plans in the works to do 6 weeks in Alaska next summer and I'm trying to find my dirt chops.

DSCN7888.jpg

DSCN7889.jpg

DSCN7905.jpg

DSCN7913.jpg

DSCN8035.jpg

DSCN8076.jpg

DSCN8099.jpg

DSCN8080.jpg

DSCN8103.jpg

DSCN8164.jpg

DSCN8224.jpg

DSCN8210.jpg

DSCN8233.jpg

Nice pics. I want to add a bike to the fleet that I can explore some dirt and gravel roads. I'm leaning towards a Kawasaki KLR650. Looks like a good time for sure.

Ahh, I love it!! You should have let us know, headed our way...we would let you off road on our property, sleep outside among the critters, and take a spin on that fun looking toy!!

Alaska! My kids have been twice now; they LOVE it there! :)

Great share, enjoy and be safe out there. Alaska has a lot of large dogs roaming around, so take care.

I ride up in AK (Have the last 5 years) on my DR650. Great place to dual sport (as well as ride the Hayabusa!). Be sure to take your bike to Kennecot mine and if you get a chance to ride the haul road, take it! I'm going at the end of the month, going to blast up there, stay the night, dip my feet in the arctic, and blast back the next day. But I'll bring my .50 S&W Magnum and a tent/sleeping bag in case I need to stay the night out on the tundra somewhere... Should be pretty sweet! Jim Creek about 40 minutes north of Anchorage is a great place that if the water level is right, you can off road all the way to the foot of the Matanuska glacier (but you'll get wet and try not to drown your bike!). Seward is a beautiful ride, Hope and you haven't seen the most beautiful part of Alaska until you've ridden down the Kenai peninsula to Soldotna (stop at Gwin's Lodge for some great greasy food)!

Cool - looks like you found your chops.

How do you plan on getting to Alaska?

I'm riding from Virginia - the plan is 15 days - Virginia to Prudoe Bay and back to Fairbanks (5500 miles give or take). Then 22 days back from Fairbanks - Seward Hwy - and whatever else strikes my fancy on the way back.

Nice pics. I want to add a bike to the fleet that I can explore some dirt and gravel roads. I'm leaning towards a Kawasaki KLR650. Looks like a good time for sure.

The KLR is a good choice and you can find many lightly used quite inexpensively. As for me - 5'7" and a buck sixty -the KLR at 35 inches is a bit too high. It will be a DR 650 to Alaska for me. I've had blast doing the dirt and gravel and it's been a good change of pace.

Ahh, I love it!! You should have let us know, headed our way...we would let you off road on our property, sleep outside among the critters, and take a spin on that fun looking toy!!

Alaska! My kids have been twice now; they LOVE it there! :)

I believe I was in your back yard - very nearly - beachy picture was taken in the dunes at Bethel Beach near Matthews, Va.

I ride up in AK (Have the last 5 years) on my DR650. Great place to dual sport (as well as ride the Hayabusa!). Be sure to take your bike to Kennecot mine and if you get a chance to ride the haul road, take it! I'm going at the end of the month, going to blast up there, stay the night, dip my feet in the arctic, and blast back the next day. But I'll bring my .50 S&W Magnum and a tent/sleeping bag in case I need to stay the night out on the tundra somewhere... Should be pretty sweet! Jim Creek about 40 minutes north of Anchorage is a great place that if the water level is right, you can off road all the way to the foot of the Matanuska glacier (but you'll get wet and try not to drown your bike!). Seward is a beautiful ride, Hope and you haven't seen the most beautiful part of Alaska until you've ridden down the Kenai peninsula to Soldotna (stop at Gwin's Lodge for some great greasy food)!

Definately would like any good routes you locals have. :)

Will be trading my 250 putt Putt for a DR 650 putt putt for the Alaskan journey - I think - still pondering a BMW.

Nice. The KL and DR have almost the same following as the Busa.

I love the bmw, just couldn't pay for it when a dr of last years model can be in the 6k range new.

I believe I was in your back yard - very nearly - beachy picture was taken in the dunes at Bethel Beach near Matthews, Va.

You were just one county away! Just a matter of minutes...you should have said something. We would have gladly opened our home to you and offered up a meal :)

Back