My new toy - Suzuki S40

CrotchRocket

Registered
So I have been searching for a cruiser type motorcycle for some time now and was able to find this sweet deal on Craigslist. It's an '05 Suzuki S40 Boulevard. Single cylinder thumper (650cc) with 3750 miles on her. It's not the fastest thing on the road but it sure feels very different from my Busa's riding position. I also love the way the thumper engine vibrates. The previous owner was not very knowledgeable with petcock's and thought that there was a problem with the motorcycle because she had to switch to reserve after 55 miles, therefore selling it for a lower price. I'm glad to have found another zuk to add to my collection. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of bobbing her out next year :thumbsup:

_DSC0443.jpg

_DSC0444.jpg

_DSC0445.jpg

_DSC0446.jpg

_DSC0447.jpg

_DSC0449.jpg

_DSC0453.jpg

_DSC0452.jpg

_DSC0463.jpg

_DSC0460.jpg

Congrats CR on your new scoot. It's always nice to find a different type of bike to enjoy motorcycling. I don't steal my wife's Sportster too often, but when I do, I always enjoy it. Kind of like getting mint chocolate chip ice cream for a change - don't want it every time, but nice once in awhile.

Was doing some research on cafe conversions and ran across the Ryca conversion that uses your S40 as the platform. Not that you'd want to mess with your pristine beauty, but you might want to take a look for grins. Ryca CS-1 – Suzuki S40 Cafe Conversion

I've actually looked at the conversions and they are beautiful! I just don't know if I want to spend $2750 on their kit. Here's a couple of pics that I've been looking at.

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

Cool, so the conversion kit moves the controls back too? If so, then that's cool, cause a cafe bike with forward controls would be :rofl:

Back