To ninja...

My wife is in the same mindset as yours YH2K.  We are considering a GS550F.  She likes the way it looks, it has plenty of "UMPH" for a new rider to keep them from getting bored and it has that "sport" bike look that apeals to her.  I tried to get her interested in a C50, but she says if she is going to ride with me, she wants a sporty looking bike.

Don
Crazy aint it?

We looked at that bike too!
Would be an awesome choice, we are just trying to stay on the cheap for this first one...

My wife is in the same mindset as yours YH2K.  We are considering a GS550F.  She likes the way it looks, it has plenty of "UMPH" for a new rider to keep them from getting bored and it has that "sport" bike look that apeals to her.  I tried to get her interested in a C50, but she says if she is going to ride with me, she wants a sporty looking bike.

Don
Crazy aint it?

We looked at that bike too!
Would be an awesome choice, we are just trying to stay on the cheap for this first one...
LOL, I am with you. I suggested a Ninja 250 for her first as well, she said 2 things. 1) There has never been a Kawi in our garage and we aren't about to start now and 2) It doesn't come in black.

Don

But they do come in black!

06_Ninja_250_Black.jpg

Yes Blonde they are cute little bikes and to be honest we have kinda looked at one. They are so small they seem kinda frail. I know they are not she is really adamant about getting some type of suzuki (I love my wife) and the GS550F we can lower just like a Busa. She is only 5'2".

Don

Yes Blonde they are cute little bikes and to be honest we have kinda looked at one.  They are so small they seem kinda frail.  I know they are not she is really adamant about getting some type of suzuki (I love my wife) and the GS550F we can lower just like a Busa.  She is only 5'2".

Don
I can understand that..I'm 5'2" also. My biggest problem is leg length, I have a 29" inseam and that's on a good day with shoes on. Trying to find one that fits and that I'm comfortable on is a big problem not to mention the fact that I have never piloted one myself. I want something that I can take it easy on, learn and just have fun. We looked at the buells online and the one good thing about those are the seat height, it's only 25" compared to the Ninja's 29.3". I wish there was more of a selection for us shorter folks with out having to modify the bike but that's life.

Don't buy the Ninja 250 new, you'll lose your butt. They are all around for $1K to 2500. Most are in decent shape too. Just watch for the one's that have been sitting for a while and/or outside with no cover. The 250's do have some get up and go once you wind them up alittle. I sell a full Muzzy system that my friend might install on his girls 250. It should wake that little bike up.

Have you considered a Katana 600? It's a great learning bike with more power than a 250 or 500. The stock seat height is around 29 inches.
smile.gif

Don't buy the Ninja 250 new, you'll lose your butt. They are all around for $1K to 2500. Most are in decent shape too. Just watch for the one's that have been sitting for a while and/or outside with no cover.  The 250's do have some get up and go once you wind them up alittle. I sell a full Muzzy system that my friend might install on his girls 250. It should wake that little bike up.
I sure wish that was the case around here. 250's are hard to come by believe it or not. My husband has searched far and away for something but its either to big or to far. We did find a used ninja 250 down the street for 2600 but it had been sitting out side for a while and had some dings (that's putting it nicely) and rust on it. It was really ugly but he sold it in less than a week. You mostly find H D's in the paper here. I know something will come along we just have to be patient.

Glad to see you getting your own bike. The most important thing here is that you get a bike you like and want to ride and enjoy. Past that it really doesn't matter at all. And if you haven't already taken the MSF class make hubby take it with ya hehe be nice extra break on insurance anyway.

Taking the advice from my wife, it is important for her to go and sit on the various bikes and get a feel for them (i.e. seat height, peg height, bars (how far does it stretch her) etc. I do think if she if riding with you and you start to get on freeways and open highways you do want a bike with enough power and handling that she will feel comfortable.

I am "in love" with my Busa but the wife got a CBR 600 F4i and really enjoys it. We had it lowered 2 inches to help on Seat height.

good luck and ditto on the MSF course. My wife actually found a women's only MSF course taught by a woman. It made her feel comfortable about asking questions and did not feel intimidated by just having women riding.

DSC_0073_resized.JPG

Back