I finally got the wife to go for a ride and…

lil charlie

Registered
My HID goes out. Dang it, it’s been months since we rode together and I had to turn around after 20 mins. I think she jinxed me. It was a few mins before sunset when we were getting ready and she asked “what if it gets darkâ€￾? I replied in a sarcastic tone while pointing to the head light “that’s why I have one of theseâ€￾. Well, 15 mins into the ride it started to flicker a bit, then went completely out and I had to put the bright on and turn around. Her only response was “see, God punishes you for being a smart a$$â€￾.

The pic didn't load....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1312906662252.jpg

:rulez::rulez::rulez: She has too much on in that picture. :rulez::rulez::rulez:

On a side note, how long had you had the HID? How many miles, etc?

I'm thinking of doing one, but am worried about the exact problem you have here.

I put it on when I was rebuilding her, it only has a few hundred miles on it. I need to take the dash apart and see if its just a loose connection or if something is wrong with the kit. It has a 2yr warranty so we will see..... I will let you know.

Mine done the same thing coming from a bike show, I later found out that the connection to the bulb came off a little and when I hit a bump it would make a connection then disconnect, just check and make sure it's connected tight, I've had mine on for 3 years now and haven't had any problem(crossing my finger)! Oh yeah it might be because you got the fastest color!:whistle: just saying.

Mine done the same thing coming from a bike show, I later found out that the connection to the bulb came off a little and when I hit a bump it would make a connection then disconnect, just check and make sure it's connected tight, I've had mine on for 3 years now and haven't had any problem(crossing my finger)! Oh yeah it might be because you got the fastest color!:whistle: just saying.

By George, I think your right. My light didn’t go out…..I out ran it :rofl: :poke:

I doubt that is the problem. The Orange ones create such a vacuum around them, nothing could ever come loose.
That vacuum is because they suck.. :poke:

I doubt that is the problem. The Orange ones create such a vacuum around them, nothing could ever come loose.

Whatever, you’re just jealous! The vacuum you speak of is the draft created when I blow past your slow bike. :poke:

They will suck the life out of any other color thus making them more powerful,notice how bright the orange continues to get every time a picture is posted!:whistle:

Good wife, you know she did it just for you, most of them don't like motorcycles.

My wife loves to ride. She was learning to pilot herself when we learned she was pregnant with Noah, out 11 month old son. I had bought her a Ninja 500 EX but sold it to pay of the crib and stuff we needed. I told her I will buy her another one next spring.

My hid's worked great about 1k miles, now everytime I turn them on they pop the fuse. Looked for the short but can't find any, that's what I get for 32$ though lol oh well (it's the foglights in my car so they really don't matter)

My HID goes out. Dang it, it’s been months since we rode together and I had to turn around after 20 mins. I think she jinxed me. It was a few mins before sunset when we were getting ready and she asked “what if it gets darkâ€￾? I replied in a sarcastic tone while pointing to the head light “that’s why I have one of theseâ€￾. Well, 15 mins into the ride it started to flicker a bit, then went completely out and I had to put the bright on and turn around. Her only response was “see, God punishes you for being a smart a$$â€￾.
should have made her walk home. then when she got back a couple hours later "see, i punish you for being a smart ass" :laugh:

Back