Rustoleum EpoxyShield Floor Paint in my Trailer.

Looks Great! Does it have a texture to it? I mean a rough feeling so the bike wont slide around.

Thank you :thumbsup:. No, this is just the base coat. Wednesday I am buying the clear coat with anti-skid. The anti skid is like a sand-like or grit texture that keeps you from slipping or the bike slipping also

Wow that looks pro right there .looks like youll enjoy that for sure ...and with that paint it gives the image of concrete :beerchug:

Looks good! :thumbsup: But....

Ok, then you and Charlie didn't use same thing. Epoxy is a whole different animal than Latex. It will take a little while to see the difference, but let's revisit this after a full season of heat/cold and see how your surface holds up.

...I have to agree! When that wood starts flexing it's probably going to crack and start pooping off in chunks. Hope it holds up for you. :beerchug:

Looks good! :thumbsup: But....

...I have to agree! When that wood starts flexing it's probably going to crack and start pooping off in chunks. Hope it holds up for you. :beerchug:

I don't know if it will chunk, epoxy is gonna bond like heck to the clean wood. I suspect instead it will hairline crack along the wood joints as they expand/contract, especially this summer when it gets real hot. But, we'll see, and hope it doesn't!

I don't know if it will chunk, epoxy is gonna bond like heck to the clean wood. I suspect instead it will hairline crack along the wood joints as they expand/contract, especially this summer when it gets real hot. But, we'll see, and hope it doesn't!

I had a dram last night that it warped the wood floor and all the grey color went away cause it sucked in the floor and i could just brush all the chips away :rofl:

Oh man was I not a happy camper in that dream

Update, I had to special order the clear from Ace cause no one here local carries it like i though. I hope it to be in today, if not It will have to wait til next weekend

Have you had a chance to paint the walls, or do you plan to leave them plain wood?

I think it looks great! Keep us posted....i'd like to do something simular to my trailer....maybe checkered flag pattern????

I think it looks great! Keep us posted....i'd like to do something simular to my trailer....maybe checkered flag pattern????

That would be cool. I believe MC Mustang's trailer has that sort of flooring although i believe it came with the trailer

I will be seeing how the floor is fully dried today. Should be fully done in 2-3 weeks since I can only work on it on weekends :poke:

That would be cool. I believe MC Mustang's trailer has that sort of flooring although i believe it came with the trailer

I will be seeing how the floor is fully dried today. Should be fully done in 2-3 weeks since I can only work on it on weekends :poke:

Should get MC to chime in on this one.....and the weekends are never long enough are they??? 3 more months and my tour here is over and then I think i'll take a few off to do some work on my bike and trailer....I got a stock pile of parts i've bought since coming over here....can't wait to get back! I'll be watching to see your final product. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Before and After wall painting :thumbsup: 2/3 the way complete before i move the busa in...

TwoBrothers, I ended up painting that top piece also. Did you end up painting that? I dont remember. Man it was alot of taping...

Picture uploading is not going my way tonight...

DSC08071.jpg

DSC08078.jpg

Did not paint mine. I figure I won't be working on the ceiling too much.:laugh: Yours looks good and I bet it did take quite a while to tape that off!

Did you get any on the floor?

As an aside....you bought the same roller I did. Did you get it at Lowe's?

IMAG0304.jpg

Before and After wall painting :thumbsup: 2/3 the way complete before i move the busa in...

TwoBrothers, I ended up painting that top piece also. Did you end up painting that? I dont remember. Man it was alot of taping...

Did not paint mine. I figure I won't be working on the ceiling too much.:laugh: Yours looks good and I bet it did take quite a while to tape that off!

Did you get any on the floor?

As an aside....you bought the same roller I did. Did you get it at Lowe's?

IMAG0304.jpg

No sir i put 7 mil plastic down on the entire floor :laugh: i am messy with paint. You shouldve seen my clothes :laugh:

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Looks awesome RussellJ! Nice clean canvas for some nice oily finger prints....oh ya I forgot, we don't put our Harleys in the same trailer as our 'busas! lol!:rofl:

FYI, I did not read the entire thread but we used pickup truck bed liner material (Duplicolor) added some sand to it for more grit, it is really holding up well and it is non slip on the tailgate. Not quite as pretty but it did go down easily.....Kieth

Trailering Equipment - kieth's Photos

Only sownside the black really shows dust.......:thumbsup:

Back