Recommended dog breeds

i think youll find the right dog without input, you know when you find it...my family ended up with shepherds, 2 bought from a breeder since passed and one from the local rescue, all three hands down have been the best dogs we ever owned....and would own again, and again...just an amazing dog...

ba.JPG

TANNA.jpg

bella3.jpg

Yes there are so many good dogs that need a home. I have had many many pure breads over the years.

French Briard
Shelties
Boxers
Dalmatians
Border Collie

All make great family pets. By far the best I had just died a few days ago. He was a Pet Finer Dog 10 years ago. Smartest most balance friend I had.

check out petfinder.com also

thats where we found our dog Nugget

Yes there are so many good dogs that need a home. I have had many many pure breads over the years.

French Briard
Shelties
Boxers
Dalmatians
Border Collie

All make great family pets. By far the best I had just died a few days ago. He was a Pet Finer Dog 10 years ago. Smartest most balance friend I had.

dang sorry for your loss.

I have had many dogs over the years, but the best breed as a pet in my opinion is a Doberman. I am on my second one, and they are the most loyal pet I have ever had. Gentle, yet firm when they need to be.

Check them out.

Shepherds for us... our dog Odin was free from Craigslist from a girl that could no longer aford to feed him. He was under weight and I picked him up in my arms and new right then he was ours. Four years later and he is the best bud to date! So smart and just loves everyone except agressive dogs.... Every kid... big or small in our neighborhood just hugs and loves on him and he is no threat at all.

COP DOG 16 Jun 2009 002.jpg

Odin 09 004.jpg

Odin Aug 08 (12).jpg

i do like sheps as well though i cant stand the costant barking. they never seem to shut up.

Ours only barks at the door bell and if someone knocks which is all a good thing. He will run all day after a ball and nevre bark.. just runs like the wind!

i do like sheps as well though i cant stand the costant barking. they never seem to shut up.

my female never barks, unless you are bothering her, my male barked only to show he was king of the backyard to everyone that walked by in the evening eventually gave that up...only barked when he needed to...

I got my kids a pittbull pup almost 4years ago. A cute little chocolate rednosed gold eyed devil. He is almost 4years old now. They love him to death... He has never spent a night outdoors. Sweet as can be... a big baby. It helps to have a house dog that people are scared of. I keep my bike in the house so its very well watched:laugh:

I got my kids a pittbull pup almost 4years ago. A cute little chocolate rednosed gold eyed devil. He is almost 4years old now. They love him to death... He has never spent a night outdoors. Sweet as can be... a big baby. It helps to have a house dog that people are scared of. I keep my bike in the house so its very well watched:laugh:

Good point! But my bike is in a detached garage. Maybe I'll get a 12 foot alligator for in there!

Of all the dogs we have had, my #1 choice would be a german Shepard. Protective when they need to be, smart, friendly and motherly of small ones and other animals(cats and smaller pooches) . I work nights at times and am very happy to have a dog that will provide a good bit of protection while I am gone. You can probabbly get past Rommell ( my shep) but you won't be fit to do much afterwards. That would be when my min schaunser gets a hold of you! Another great dog.....:)

I fully recommend a Hungarian Vizsla. Excellent Temperament and a great family Dog. Does need a lot of exercise but it is a good excuse to get out and about.

European Trip 002.jpg

European Trip 001.jpg

He's the only dog i personally know of i'd never worry about biting anyone or anything,just doesn't have it in him.

On the other hand,on the news last week there was a Dane that snatched up a 6 mo. old baby right out of a mother's arms/carried it a 100 yards in it's mouth/mauled it/then dropped it and ran back home(not sure of the extent of injuries but had to be airlifted to a hospital).I've probably had a dozen dogs in my 57 years(including a Dane and 3 Pits)and my "Boy" is by far the most easygoing of them all.:thumbsup:

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

A little suggested reading on Pits for those of you often mislead by the media hype concerning my favorite breed;

Pit Bull Temperament

Mine's a mix. Mostly Border Collie (WAAAAY too smart for his own good) part Husky and part Golden Retriever. Got the best and the worst traits for each breed... But the best behaved dog I've ever had, or even known.
D60_041309_425.JPG

We have had our dacshund for almost 10 years, and he is the most loving dog ever. He acts more like a cat, as he sleeps almost all day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmm...I know there are a number of you who own/like pitbulls, but I have to say I don't trust them at all. - They were bred for one thing, and one thing only. I've seen so many stories where a pitbull mauls some kid or old lady, then the idiot owners say, "Oh, he was such a loving dog...he's never done that before..."

Another dog I don't like and won't have anything to do with is the German Shepherd. I know of too many that have savaged their owners. I talked to a couple of vets about the GS's proclivity toward mauling and they said it was to do with all of the selective breeding, which amounts to inbreeding, so when the dogs get to a certain age they can be genetically predisposed toward going crazy. Damn near every time I read a story about a pensioner being eaten by her dog, it's a German Shepherd.
Oh, and I have also noticed that German Shepherds/Pitbulls/Rottweillers/etc are frequently kept by irresponsible/selfish/dangerously paranoid owners; the kind of people who have either a laissez-faire attitude toward the implied responsibilities of owning a potentially deadly animal, or they deliberately train the dog to be hostile toward non-family members. (I'm not saying this applies to any .org members, but I'm sure others of you will have had the same experience.)
I think a dog's temperament is a fair reflection of it's owners. (Well, not my wife's dog, but it is retarded, so...)

Back