Recommended dog breeds

No shedding problems with AB's. They have a short coat that requires little maintenance.

I brush mine once a week, i probably should do it more often, but i work alot, and it really isn't needed. Depending on what type of ab you want, the size varies greatly. Mine comes from the johnson bloodline. he tips the scales at 110 pounds right now at 2 years old. The scott type american bulldog males run about 75 pounds on average.

We had a Shelty when the kids were little great little dog, loyal, smart, protective and awesome with kids.
And after the Shelty we had Huskies good dogs just like to roam.

I got Kahn from the shelter. Most loving dog I have ever seen. Dobermans are great family pets and will make sure no uninvited guest wonder inside :laugh:
KahnResized.jpg

Get an Australian Cattle Dog! They are incredibly smart, good with kids, hardy, loyal, and wary of strangers. They make a great working dog, family dog and guard dog. They rarely bark, too, so you won't have a yapping mutt that will annoy your neighbours.

Overall, though, I think you should rescue a dog from your local shelter.

My 15yo GSD died a week ago today. I got him from a shelter and was best dog I've ever had.

My other GSD is Schultz. He's 2.5yo now. Great dogs, very loyal and good with kids.

They do have their faults. They shed like nobodies business. They bark. It took the barking collar to get Schultz to stop. Now he barks only when necessary.

Schultz & Turbo were both rescue dogs.

IMG_0103.jpg

DSC00331.JPG

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Great looking pets. I did some research and sent a few emails about adds to some rescue centers in my area. Hopefully I can find one that needs a good home that is compatible with my family.
I'm still liking that American Bulldog though....might just end up with two dogs:whistle:.

Not sure I want to have to get a loan to feed one.:laugh: but size isn't really an issue. Probably don't want a bull mastiff or anything that size, but small medium or semi-large. I live out of town and we have 2.5 fenced acres. Do the american bulldogs shed alot? My buddy has several english bulldogs and they seem to shed pretty bad. Pitts, rotts, and possibly shepards probably won't work because of my home owners insurance.

NO ROTTWEILLERS.GET ANOTHER INSURANCE CARRIER.

What is the number 1 thing that happens to homes?

Actually,i dont know.:spank:

But I can tell you,yer house wont be broken into. No dog can stop a flood,earthquake(althou they do know befor we do)and they can detect cancer,chase/kill rodents,etc etc.

Or,they can just lay at yer feet,looking almost comatose.:laugh:

Good luck with your search.
I also recomend shelter adoption.:thumbsup:

Go check 'em out,take him/her for a few walks.

You might just find the love of your life.

RSD.

I'm confused as to what your HOI has to do with what kind of dog you can have ?
I've never heard of this before ?
Does it state in your policy that a certain breed of dog in the home voids the policy and if you are found to have one of these breeds there a fire would not be covered ?

I'm confused as to what your HOI has to do with what kind of dog you can have ?
I've never heard of this before ?
Does it state in your policy that a certain breed of dog in the home voids the policy and if you are found to have one of these breeds there a fire would not be covered ?

Got them down here Blanca. No Pit's in Miami-Dade (county ordinance), million dollar liability for Pit's in Broward. Not sure of other breeds. The way these insurance companies look to avoid payouts, nothing would be surprising. Think about, technically you voided the policy if anything in it is violated, including a breed of dog.

Got them down here Blanca. No Pit's in Miami-Dade (county ordinance), million dollar liability for Pit's in Broward. Not sure of other breeds. The way these insurance companies look to avoid payouts, nothing would be surprising. Think about, technically you voided the policy if anything in it is violated, including a breed of dog.

Wow !
This is first I've ever heard of this ?
Fd up is what that is .

Another reason to buy a Chihuahua.
Rosie can bark with the best of em' :)

We're coming in behind you in SoCal,just bought a house and listed our Pit as an American Bulldog for insurance purposes(often mistaken for one as he's 125 lbs. and exceptionally large for a pure bred Pit[have a 7 generation UKC pedigree with him],will be 8 in April and the most gentle dog i've ever been around).

I got Kahn from the shelter. Most loving dog I have ever seen. Dobermans are great family pets and will make sure no uninvited guest wonder inside :laugh:
KahnResized.jpg

Totally agree.Too bad my country only allows if you owe a private estate only:banghead:.I would love to owe one

Same here Pits are banned in my country too

I would recommend an older Pit Bull from a shelter. I say an older dog if it will be left alone while you are at work since older dogs are more calm and tend to get into less trouble by themselves. And of course I say from a shelter because there are so many dogs in shelters that need saving. The puppies will for sure get adopted, but the older dogs need homes too. I say a Pit Bull because they are the most loyal family dogs I have ever come across. They have a bad rep, but there are people like me and my husband who are trying to help clear their bad name. :please:

We're coming in behind you in SoCal,just bought a house and listed our Pit as an American Bulldog for insurance purposes(often mistaken for one as he's 125 lbs. and exceptionally large for a pure bred Pit[have a 7 generation UKC pedigree with him],will be 8 in April and the most gentle dog i've ever been around).

Hope to god your pit doesnt freak and hurt someone. You will face lawsuits like you have never seen and your insurance company will sue you as well. Then you will face criminal charges from the city and possibly state. Just a heads up from an insurance guy.

Now for my dog suggestion i highly suggest danes. I have had them for almost 30 years and have never found a better breed. They are super intelligent, loyal, they can be protective, when they bark the house shakes, the will play though they prefer to just lay around after they reach the age of 2-3. They truely are gentle giants. It doesnt cost as much as you might think to feed em. I have 2 right now and it isnt that bad. They do have a special diet though as they are a giant breed dog. I can put you intouch with a few rescues if you like. Also i suggest keeping an eye on the pounds as well. I try to snag a pup a month from them and help to rehome and foster as well.

Hope to god your pit doesnt freak and hurt someone. You will face lawsuits like you have never seen and your insurance company will sue you as well. Then you will face criminal charges from the city and possibly state. Just a heads up from an insurance guy.

Now for my dog suggestion i highly suggest danes. I have had them for almost 30 years and have never found a better breed. They are super intelligent, loyal, they can be protective, when they bark the house shakes, the will play though they prefer to just lay around after they reach the age of 2-3. They truely are gentle giants. It doesnt cost as much as you might think to feed em. I have 2 right now and it isnt that bad. They do have a special diet though as they are a giant breed dog. I can put you intouch with a few rescues if you like. Also i suggest keeping an eye on the pounds as well. I try to snag a pup a month from them and help to rehome and foster as well.

He's the only dog i personally know of i'd never worry about biting anyone or anything,just doesn't have it in him.

On the other hand,on the news last week there was a Dane that snatched up a 6 mo. old baby right out of a mother's arms/carried it a 100 yards in it's mouth/mauled it/then dropped it and ran back home(not sure of the extent of injuries but had to be airlifted to a hospital).I've probably had a dozen dogs in my 57 years(including a Dane and 3 Pits)and my "Boy" is by far the most easygoing of them all.:thumbsup:

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Back