Post your pets

big dogs have big smiles.

Sasha_23_weeks_012.jpg

Here's Mishka (small bear or teddy bear in Russian) and Zoe. They are 'Napoleons'. A breed that is new; a combination of Persian and Munchkin cat. They are the equivalent of a daschund dog (wiener dog) in kitty world. Short stubby legs and kitten like size, but full grown. Not super small, just short. They have absolutely no trouble jumping where they shouldn't be jumping. I'm still convinced that they are monkeys in miniature cat suits.

Pets are family. I lost a cat two years ago that I know I loved, but not as much as I realized until she had to be put down. Say what you think, but these pets can mean more to you than you'll ever understand. Too often we lose what means so much to us before we realize it. Sometime I think that I'd throw myself in front of a train for these little 8 pounders.

Anyway"¦

DSC00043__Medium_.JPG

and finally (sorry), how they interrupt my work- but it's well worth it!

On_FAX__Medium_.JPG

8 pounds? wow. Our smallest cat is 12 lbs. We have 3 over 20 lbs, and our maine coon is 23 lbs, and the vet says he wants to see him put a pound or two ON.

then there's Jobu, the serval. he's 42 lbs. I always joke with my wife that collectively, the cats outweigh her by almost 50%. Their total body weight is 152, and shes 105. I hope they never decide to gang up on her...

8 pounds? wow.  Our smallest cat is 12 lbs.  We have 3 over 20 lbs, and our maine coon is 23 lbs, and the vet says he wants to see him put a pound or two ON.

then there's Jobu, the serval.  he's 42 lbs.  I always joke with my wife that collectively, the cats outweigh her by almost 50%.  Their total body weight is 152, and shes 105.  I hope they never decide to gang up on her...
Yeah, they're kinda small. You wouldn't think it the way it sounds when they get to playin'!

I don't think that you'll have to worry about the cats ever ganging up on the wife the way that you two seem to be caring about them all! That's pretty much one of the many wonders and beauty of animals!

Of course you may be able to convince the wife that the kitties would be more content if you were able to add something onto the Busa or such!

They do love Hayabusas!

Z___M_On_Busa.JPG

Here is Blazer... Unfortunately in the last week he has developed a really bad rear limp, doctor things it could be an ACL or something of that nature, but due to his age at 11 and his weak heart, we cannot sedate him for the surgery so I may have to put him down if it gets painful. He's my little buddy, dont know what I will do without him!

resized%20blazer.JPG

Here is Blazer... Unfortunately in the last week he has developed a really bad rear limp, doctor things it could be an ACL or something of that nature, but due to his age at 11 and his weak heart, we cannot sedate him for the surgery so I may have to put him down if it gets painful.  He's my little buddy, dont know what I will do without him!

resized%20blazer.JPG
You can give a dog aspirin. For a little one like that try 1/2 an aspirin or baby aspirin. Once daily. DO NOT GIVE IBUPROFEN... that can be fatal for dogs.

My 8 year old Akita had to have ACL surgery. His ripped apart. He had terrible arthritis from the injury. But an aspirin a day kept him around for another 2 years. On good days he would jump around like a puppy.

our dog maggie completely tore her acl before she was even a year old. one of the worst days of my life. her leg was hanging there, paw wasn't even touching the floor. since her surgery, she is doing fantastic. hope she stays well. arthritis will be an issue when she gets older, but we are doing everything we can for her in the meantime. thank god we have pet insurance on all of out 7 animals. saved us on a few different occasions! VPI covered 1300 of the 1600 dollar surgery that time. sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the situation. but we feel it is a great investment and we will always have it on our animals. that was also the superior plan of VPI. so it costs more, but also covers more. i recommend. enginer, a lot of times, smaller dogs dont need a repair cause they dont lug around as much weight. i hope this is your case. sometimes muscle pulls or tears cause very similar symptoms. they can check her range of motion, etc to see if it is an acl problem, or something less serious. we will say some prayers for the little guy.

Here is Blazer... Unfortunately in the last week he has developed a really bad rear limp, doctor things it could be an ACL or something of that nature, but due to his age at 11 and his weak heart, we cannot sedate him for the surgery so I may have to put him down if it gets painful.  He's my little buddy, dont know what I will do without him!

resized%20blazer.JPG
You can give a dog aspirin. For a little one like that try 1/2 an aspirin or baby aspirin. Once daily. DO NOT GIVE IBUPROFEN... that can be fatal for dogs.

My 8 year old Akita had to have ACL surgery. His ripped apart. He had terrible arthritis from the injury. But an aspirin a day kept him around for another 2 years. On good days he would jump around like a puppy.
Hope that everything turns out very well for Blazer!

Back