does my tire look okay?

teddypenn

Registered
im getting ready to make a 500 mile round trip dallas and was concerned a bit bout my back tire. i know it has a bit of a chicken strip, but theres a bit of peel on it about 4-5 inches long. what do you think, will i be ok or not. i dont realy have the dough for a new tire, since i need all my cash to make it to dallas and back to attend a funeral. any advice?

rear tire1.jpg

rear tire3.jpg

rear tire4.jpg

rear tire2.jpg

You'de be lucky to make 500 miles on that. It's possible, but it will be down to the steel belting by then. I had one blow on me just after the white cord shown through:laugh: they usually last longer than that. I wouldn't try it unless I had money to replace it along the way if you needed to. Good luck.

definitely get a new tire. my friends tire looked alot better than that and I rode it home for him when he bought it and by the time I got home we were seeing metal, in less than 100 miles. If its too hot out the road will melt that thing away in no time. Better safe than sorry.

yep, i was thinkin the heat would be the demise of the tire if i were to try to put that many miles on it. thanks for the second opinion guys. :beerchug:

I wouldn't ride 50 miles with that tire. I don't take chances when it comes to tires. I don't even go that far. When I get close to the wear bar, it's time for a new one.

If you are going to ride on that tire buy two coffins for the funeral.

That's my advice.

cheers
ken

You been doing burn outs on that tire or something? Never seen a tire look like that..

My god, those aren't chicken STRIPS, those are WHOLE Chickens! :laugh:

j/k, ride your own ride :beerchug:

My rule has always been, if you have to ask, it is time to change the tire. You only have 2.

Don

lots of good lookin out for me here. ive already got the tire off and in the van. ill try to get a new one mounted before i leave fri morning. :beerchug:

Lol.. I think my tire looks bad... and I can still see the wear marks on mine..
What tires are those and how many miles did you get out of them with what style, type of Riding.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back