Slight hiccup during hard acceleration

Jonny Hotnuts

Registered
02 Blue-Black
4000 miles

The motor has full exhaust and the other standard mods but has not done this until recently.

It happens when doing a roll on (at around 3K), after I snap the throttle it revs, hiccups (almost instantly....but does rev slightly before it hics) and continues to run as if there was nothing wrong.

Any thoughts....maybe new plugs?

Thanks!

sounds like mapping or the TPS.
the easiest thing would be to pull the TRE first .
Plugs do not go bad on Busas unless it was mapped to rich common mistake

Thanks JC, will pull the TRE and see but why would the problem manifest after six months of riding and no changes to the bike. It ran great up until a few weeks ago.

I have an 04 with 3750 miles and at 9500 I get a miss. Just for a split second like a cylinder misses. It happens 9 out of 10 ten full throttle runs. Any ideas before I take the bike to the dealer and say guess what...and watch the tech try to hide the excitement in his/her pants replying "You have a miss at what RPM while WOT" This would be giving candy to a baby.

I have an 04 with 3750 miles and at 9500 I get a miss. Just for a split second like a cylinder misses. It happens 9 out of 10 ten full throttle runs. Any ideas before I take the bike to the dealer and say guess what...and watch the tech try to hide the excitement in his/her pants replying "You have a miss at what RPM while WOT" This would be giving candy to a baby.
That problem you take to a dyno to see if it really does have a miss.
that way you have it on paper

Thank you for the idea. I've asked a few techs at local dealers about the problem. You can feel the quick miss and just barley hear it. The usual reply is "what year is it? bring it in". With the bike on a dyno being monitored they might be able to catch the problem. More expensive but always can have other mods done at the same time that would require a dyno to tune them in. THNX

my 2000 had this problem but mine was doing it from day one.  When the cam chain tensioner recall was done they put the chain back on wrong.  It was off by one tooth and here is what the dyno showed. Here is the before and after run.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094967659 -->

dyno_run.jpg

If it's not chain related, then try about 3 oz. of STP fuel injector cleaner in a full tank of gas. Then replace the fuel filter. Hesitation on acceleration usually means fuel starvation (WOT= more air in, but not enough fuel to match = hesitation).

That's where I check after the chain.

when you say you can feel the bike misfire, does it feel as though the bike has jumped a tooth on the sprocket? i have the same problem at about 8k rpms under wot only. i dropped it off today at suzuki, they test drove it and confirmed they felt it. they are going to put it on a dyno but i have a feeling its the dogbone and shift fork issue...

Back