garage door mod done

daiddu

Registered
I finally finished my mini mod. The garage door opener is installed and what a joy !!

No more coming home and going through the house to open the door.

No more getting sidetracked once in the house and forgetting to bring the bike in
smile.gif

Thanks to those that posted the how-to's. about 30 bucks in parts

dd

garage_opener.jpg

doh!!!

Actually I don't like having big clunky things in my pocket with my keys, but my garage opener is bigger than that (it's an older model.) damn, busting on my cool new toy
sad.gif
I'll get over it, because I like it
tounge.gif

dd

Be careful with ANYTHING on your Bike's keychain. It will be flopping around and vibrating, given a few thousand miles it'll chew you tripple cover all to pieces.

I use one of my dog tags on a short 3/8 inch leather strap. The dog ta has a silencer on it to prevent it from doing any damage.

daiddu, clean install, looks good.

Be careful with ANYTHING on your Bike's keychain.  It will be flopping around and vibrating, given a few thousand miles it'll chew you tripple cover all to pieces.

I use one of my dog tags on a short 3/8 inch leather strap.  The dog ta has a silencer on it to prevent it from doing any damage.

I flip the opener up to where it is if front of the key rather than behind, that way it doesn't wear on the Hayabusa logo.

Yeah and daiddu, I agree, that looks good. You know it's good when you have to search for it.

I see you're in Panama City, I hope to take a ride up toward Pensacola one day, maybe we can meet up for a ride.

Kevin

Be careful with ANYTHING on your Bike's keychain.  It will be flopping around and vibrating, given a few thousand miles it'll chew you tripple cover all to pieces.

I use one of my dog tags on a short 3/8 inch leather strap.  The dog ta has a silencer on it to prevent it from doing any damage.

I flip the opener up to where it is if front of the key rather than behind, that way it doesn't wear on the Hayabusa logo.

Yeah and daiddu, I agree, that looks good. You know it's good when you have to search for it.

I see you're in Panama City, I hope to take a ride up toward Pensacola one day, maybe we can meet up for a ride.

Kevin
You can give me my cookie then.
tounge.gif

Sounds good Kevin - and just be prepared for dangerous riding here in PC. String bikinis everywhere.... It's a real hazard I tell ya.....

dd

Mine was slightly different. I opened the case of the opener. Solder some speaker wire to both halves of the button contact on the circuit board. Mounted it under the driver seat next to the battery out of the way. Ran the speaker wires to a switch. Once wire to each of the two pins. PRess to open!

ICE

Mine is the same deal, I soldered two wires and ran them out of the case. I connected the other ends to the momentary push button on my dash. The opener is velcroed underneath. I'm a little worried about water in the switch, but I was having a tough time tracking down a small all weather (marine) switch. We'll see how this one works...

dd

yeah, I love that little mod, posted some how to's a while back and there's a ton of variation out there on it. Since you have an 04 you couldnt put it up above the start button but I do like where you mounted it.
cool.gif

I have the Genie and I keep my opener in the inside pocket of my jacket. When I get home, I just pust the left side of my jacket and viola!!!

Back