Are there any ... 14's here? Really...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious, No bashing ... They are a nice ride and I would probly buy one if I could have a bunch of extra bikes...

So anyone here got one?

When I first came here I use to hear alot more about them (in 06), as far as people that got one, and comparing it to their Busa. Not too much talk about them lately. I think it kind of died down around 08 :poke:

I've always loved the custom ones, without the grills. I also liked the all black 14's, and if I had the $$, i might have gotten one, at one time.

There are a few members on the board that have both a busa and a 14, someone will chime in.

I sold mine 4 weeks ago and bought a 2007 Busa.
zx14r.jpg

hey, Kento. My ridin' buddy owns one and it was a combination of riding a couple of different Kawie's, including his, that moved me towards the Suzuki...not because of any particular riding characteristics, I just like the history/reliability of Suzuki much more. There was the big 'swing arm failure' schizm on the newer 1400's about a year ago and, from that point on, it seems the popularity of the 1400 has kind of wanned. I've ridden my buddies several times and still prefer my 'busa. The 'secondary' set of butterflies on the KZ that control lower rpm throttle response are kind of a PITA but I guess they serve some purpose in keeping a newbie from just rolling on the throttle and winding up on his butt. Not trying to thread jack but my son just got a liter bike (first one I've ever ridden) and talk about something that runs like a strip-ed a$$ ape!! Holy mosquito on steriods, Batman!! As lite, quick, and responsive as the GSXR is (you can definitely tell it is built more for the twisties, track days) I still like the 'busa. Low and comfortable and smooth as an F-22, but you already know that! My Kawie buddy likes my 'busa for the quicker acceleration and the looks it gets but he's pretty hardcore 'green'. Have a Good 'un!!

DSC00086.JPG

i had a 06 blue one and 07 black one, nice bike but i enjoy riding the busa a lot more.

I sold mine 4 weeks ago and bought a 2007 Busa.
zx14r.jpg

SR,
Problems or dislikes about the 14?

We have a couple local riders here in my group that have em. One is an 08 the other an 09. I havent ridden one yet but I noticed the fit and finish are tight. Clip ons and throttle controls very nice. But over all I just dont like the looks.

I like the 14 too, and it fit's me better. But I don't see me selling my Busa for one.

The 'secondary' set of butterflies on the KZ that control lower rpm throttle response are kind of a PITA but I guess they serve some purpose in keeping a newbie from just rolling on the throttle and winding up on his butt.

Sorry, meant to say ZX....

Am looking for a used 08 model as an addition to my Busa.
Would like to hear more from those already having it.
So far I'm hearing good things about it.

NICE POST I DO PRE-TRIP EVERYTIME LIKE I DO ON MY SIMI TRUCK AND A POST TRIP WHEN I AM DONE JUST IN CASE YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN:thumbsup: SAFETY 1st

SR,
Problems or dislikes about the 14?

We have a couple local riders here in my group that have em. One is an 08 the other an 09. I havent ridden one yet but I noticed the fit and finish are tight. Clip ons and throttle controls very nice. But over all I just dont like the looks.

I had a few dislikes which is why I went back to a Busa. I didnt like the heat coming off the engine and the fan always running in the city. I didnt like the fact the oil pan bolt sits so low to the ground that lowering the bike may result in a cracked oil pan. I didnt like how "big" the bike felt. I didnt like 33 MPG on premium. I didnt like the high effort cornering. And last but not least I didnt like the fuel injection system as it didnt adapt well to mods without a power commander. On the plus side the engine power is much higher than a stock gen1 Busa. The ZX-14 has one strong engine.
Now that I am back on the Busa I cant believe how much smaller it feels and how much better it corners. The Busa is much more "user friendly" in my opinion.

Am looking for a used 08 model as an addition to my Busa.
Would like to hear more from those already having it.
So far I'm hearing good things about it.
I like mine lots........super smooth ride, fits big/tall guys better, was def faster than my gen1 busa stock for stock, and is easier (imo) to get the plastics off. It also feels lighter on its feet then the busa even tho they weigh the same, and turns quicker due to no steering damper. But the busa feels more stable and sporty to me overall...and is the bike I prefer for aggressive corner carving. The 14's a better all day ride bike by far tho :thumbsup: I also think the busa is a better put together bike. I've had zero probs from day one with my first gen busa (the things a brick lol).....and several annoying issues with the 14. But overall I love them both and plan to have them around for a long time :beerchug:

Back