Go-Pro LSR video

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have one ?
Do they or will they let you mount a Go-Pro on your bike when you make a run ?
I have yet to see any and this would be one reason I would like to buy one.
I think it would be nice to save these for viewing/analysis later on, no ?
Mile-marker one has not responded to my emails, no surprise but I am curious about the bigger events.
Surely they allow one in a car so I am curious why not on your Busa ?
Demonstrated that it is properly mounted would they still frown on this ?

yup, at maxton you can run them. I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed. Hell it can be a aero disadvantage. :laugh:

I hope I'll have a video from this coming weekend. I added a teather in case the mount pops off.

Just have the camera mounted at tech inspection. If they don't like, they'll tell you to relocate. Behind the windscreen is the only logical place to mount in my mind, unless you tuck it behind something down low. Don't want to add any drag. Still learning proper angle, mounting position etc, not to mention proper button pushing, but I should have some Mojave Mile vid laying around here somewhere to post. As soon I can find it I'll post it. Will be running the GoPro HD model at BUB in August, so I've been tweaking the setup with my standard GoPro in preparation for that. It seems simple, but getting it just right takes a bit of practice. I've got lot's of vid of my gauges, or the sky, etc. Still finding that "sweet spot".

Cool one other reason I want one.
Commuta yes please do a vid.
I really would like to see how long timewise in video it takes you to blast thru a mile.
Get up to speed, thru the mile, shut her down , would be very interesting to me.
Not worried about drag MPH wise but I would imagine at speed if mounted on one side or out in the wind you may be able to feel it pulling you back or over a bit.
May upset the perfect slipstream you are trying to achieve, huh ?

I have roads here where I can run 150+ for miles but am always looking out for a sheriff or FHP to ruin my day as well as granny.
Interested in doing the LSR here and am taking the wife this weekend to Miami to see it.
It will be her 1st time really seeing what these bikes can do as all shes ever seen is me blazing glory out the driveway !

Well I can tell you it's roughly 3 minutes start to finish to run the long course at Bonneville. The best part is when you approach redline in 6th gear! If I have to geuss, I'd say there's a good 1 1/2 to 2 minutes of WFO throttle before you clear the speed trap and start slowing. I hope to have some killer HD footage of that this year to definitively show just how long it takes and yes, drag is really only an issue if your going for +200.

Back