Fork Click update 1

TXBusa05LE

Registered
Went to the man. Agreed there was a click. Tightened axle pinch bolts, upper tree, bar clamp, bearing nut, etc etc...still clicked.

I took the risers off and went back to oem....still clicks. It's not the brakes, head, bars, fender...nada.

There is a pop on the right fork when it rebounds.

Will pull them off tomorrow and see if I can replicate off the Busa.

And the shameless plug of Glib...:rofl:

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

Sounds like you're closing in on it. Removing and reinstalling the forks is a snap. Be careful not to overtighten the bolts at the lower clamp when you go back together. Keep us posted!

I'm still betting it's the plastic? I had a bike with the same problem years ago and would have sworn there was a problem with the right fork. After pulling both forks and trying to replicate the noise with each fork individually with no success, I turned to other possible answers. It turned out to be the guy had installed the little plastic piece that is held between the forks on the bottom of the tree upside down. Every time the forks would compress it would nip the chin plastic on the nose cowl and make that clicking noise.

I would not be surprised to hear you have the same issue because there is nothing inside the fork to click unless possibly a broken spring and that is extremely doubtful.

Back