Tire Pressure Gauge

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for a "GOOD" tire pressure gauge as a xmas gift.

That being said I'm not looking for some cheap pencil style gauge. I'm looking for something accurate, dependable, durable, and most importantly, something that easily fits in the spokes of a Harley or Our metric Cast rims.

Tell me what you have, what you have used, and what you like.

Thank You,

Just to add on, I would like something that also plugs in in-line so I can use it with the pump.

I use this...

blow-monkey-nail-dryer.jpg

Got this one at wal-mart for under $6,work great checked it against a moroso guage, very accurate even between 2-18 psi for setting rear at the strip:beerchug:

kcir101908 043.jpg

Got this one at wal-mart for under $6,work great checked it against a moroso guage, very accurate even between 2-18 psi for setting rear at the strip:beerchug:

That style of gauge won't work very well with spoked wheels, they are very hard to get inside and aligned. There is very little room between the rotors and spokes on a harley front rim and would think that would be difficult even on a busa rim.

I use this type on mine... works great. I also have another that has an air input valve at the base so you can air up and monitor pressure :cool: The bleeder valve is wonderful and the 90degree head makes it cake to hook up. :thumbsup:

rra60xb.jpg

I sell this one- it's $25. More info is here.

Very similar to the one shown above, however this one is also designed to be used as a stand-alone tire gauge OR in-line as you're filling up the tire. Handy to watch the pressure go up, then use the bleeder valve to get the pressure just perfect. Also note that you simply clamp onto the tire and walk away. Works great after 5 years of use with the Pashnit Tours.

EZ-AIR_400.jpg

Keep in mind there are tons of tire gauges on the market, and you can spend $6 or $100 on the gauge depending on your tolerance for $$$.

I like this one b/c I can throw it in the back of the busa and leave it there. Ready whenever I need it. You can see the black case poking out in this pic at far right.

Img_9442_475.jpg

And here's actually using the gauge for real while patching a tire on the side of the road. You can see how the Cycle Pump is plugged in and we're watching the tire pressure go up on the plugged tire.

Img_1658_tire_gauge_600.jpg

EZ-AIR_400.jpg

Img_9442_475.jpg

Img_1658_tire_gauge_600.jpg

Nice gauges, liquid filled are usually used in noisy applications, lots of fluctuation in the pressure; anyhow don't forget the 90 degree stems available. Don't know if you can get them in metal which is what LSR requires not familar with the drag strip requirements.

Good info :thumbsup:

I sell this one- it's $25. More info is here.

Very similar to the one shown above, however this one is also designed to be used as a stand-alone tire gauge OR in-line as you're filling up the tire. Handy to watch the pressure go up, then use the bleeder valve to get the pressure just perfect. Also note that you simply clamp onto the tire and walk away. Works great after 5 years of use with the Pashnit Tours.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a great tire pressure gauge and your recommendation looks excellent. However, visiting your link, I can't seem to figure out how to buy just the gauge. Am I missing something or is it only sold as part of package?

Thanks for your time.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a great tire pressure gauge and your recommendation looks excellent. However, visiting your link, I can't seem to figure out how to buy just the gauge. Am I missing something or is it only sold as part of package?

Thanks for your time.

Actually, I don't have a link on that page to buy the gauge only. Probably should do that. :whistle: PM me your email address and I can send over an invoice. Make it real easy. Can ship today if you like (12/1). Pretty light (10 oz w/ case) so couple bucks ship to MD ought to do it. :thumbsup:

I use this type on mine... works great. I also have another that has an air input valve at the base so you can air up and monitor pressure :cool: The bleeder valve is wonderful and the 90degree head makes it cake to hook up. :thumbsup:

rra60xb.jpg

Same here not that brand I think mines moroso but the bleed off button
what you want real handy.thats kind I use with long hose + bleed off.

+ if somebody ever pisses you off you could flaten there tire fast with that one.:rofl:

Back