xtre install walkthrough??

I never saw the GI-Pro when i bought mine, but I wouldn't have bought it anyway. Idon't want a second gear indicator. I got my bike for the performance, not for the fuel economy. If I want the economy, I will drive my Prius. I don't know if you switch the power lead to the X-Tre if that will shut it down back to stock mapping or what. Maybe Pashnit or someone can chime in on that. Other than the X-Tre works. :bowdown:

I never saw the GI-Pro when i bought mine, but I wouldn't have bought it anyway. Idon't want a second gear indicator. I got my bike for the performance, not for the fuel economy. If I want the economy, I will drive my Prius. I don't know if you switch the power lead to the X-Tre if that will shut it down back to stock mapping or what. Maybe Pashnit or someone can chime in on that. Other than the X-Tre works. :bowdown:

agreed

I have the X-Tre and feel the instructions are weak at best.

How hard is it these days for a company to post a few installation photos on their website

Many of us are nervous about cutting wires on a bike that is fully functional

So if anyone is doing an x-tre install on a 08 Busa can you take some close ups of these wires so we can SEE the proper wiring and we cut and install this thing correctly?

Thanks for your help in advance

Showing #6 wire that they are talking about.. Hope this helps you guys. I will be soldering my connections once I get the bike home in the next coouple weeks..

XTre.JPG

xtre2.JPG

In the end when you have your cut wire butt-connected and your TRE all plugged up and you are let with the red wire... and the instructions don't make exact sense to the lay-person...

At this point, I just decided to attach the red wire to the positive battery clamp. I just loosened the phillips-head screw, removed just enough of the plastic sheath ??? to go the width of the clamp and slid the bare wire into the clamp and tightened.

Instructions say this is fine, so long as you ride your bike at least once per month... otherwise advises to remove red wire from battery.

You should connet the red wire to the running light wire that goes back to the tail light. It will turn on and off with the key.

:beerchug:

What would need to be done to be able to turn the X-TRE on and off with a switch? I also like the idea of connecting to the running light but what wire is that?

There is an orange wire going to the rear tail light. Follow the wiring harness on the left side of the bike. Under the rear seat you will see the orange wire you need. You can tap it there, or find that wire in the bundle near the battery box. That is switched power. The X-TRE uses very little current to work. I have had mine running off the tail light power since I got it. It works like a charm. :beerchug:

Last edited:
There is an orange wire going to the rear tail light. Follow the wiring harness on the left side of the bike. Under the rear seat you will see the orange wire you need. You can tap it there, or find that wire in the bundle near the battery box. That is switched power. The X-TRE uses very little current to work. I have had mine running off the tail light power since I got it. It works like a charm. :beerchug:

I want pitchers!! I R too dumb to find it :banghead:

So was your fuel mileage affected by this? Serious? I ride to and from work 30 miles one way and enjoy the 39-45 mpg I am getting. Also, does it really feel that much better in the lower gears? How does it affect the other 2 modes? Curious! I made a switch to derestrict the bike when I am playing and it works no speed limiter, but not advance timing. 6th gear at 10.9k was fun!

just installed my x-tre ... but i got to add me a switch .... if i add this switch will i have to set my x-tre up all ova again ?????

Back