Well I went down!

Smokin_Busa

Registered
A couple weeks ago I went down. I can't remember a thing about the accident. All I remember was leaving sonic headed home with my friends in a truck behind me then I woke up the next day in the hospital...that was weird. My friends got caught at a light so they didn’t see the wreck, just pulled up to see me on the ground. I shattered my collar bone and ruptured my spleen. I had no leathers on just jeans, a short sleeve shirt and my helmet. Somehow I only had a couple scratches on my elbow and one on my stomach. All the nurses and doctors kept saying good thing you were wearing leathers...I was like yeah :whistle:. But anyhow I guess its time to rebuild! The bike is in relatively good shape but it did destroy my Puig DB I just bought...:banghead: But I’m thinking bore it out, head work, and some other little things while I'm down. Here are some pics.

DSC02826.jpg

DSC02827.jpg

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02830.jpg

DSC02831.jpg

all on 1 side? What did witnesses say happened? or was there any?

Glad you came out fairly good. May be better not to remember....that way you dont have to have after wreck jitters.

glad you are ok, looking at pics, looks like that thing was sliding for a mile or so.:O

It was a residential street at about 10:30 pm so no witnesses. My friends say that when they pulled up I was on the ground not moving until their headlights crossed over my helmet and I started freaking out and ripped off my helmet. I guess I thought I was going to get ran over. But I was talking to them fine. Asking about my bike, and saying I think I broke my collar bone. As they drove me to the hospital they said I was in a good mood, trying to make them feel my broken collar bone :lol: But as far as remembering I would really like to know what happened. I’ve been searching the internet and it seems that I remember the accident, but my brain is stopping my from accessing that memory. So I think I'm going to try a hypnotist or something haha.

Glad that you aren't too hurt. A lot easier to fix the bike than the rider.
Good Luck

Glad you are okay and the damage to the bike appears to only be cosmetic!

Glad you're gonna be Ok! At least now you can paint it blue; the fastest color! Gee, don't you get tired of those off-color jokes? Hurry up and get back on the road.

glad you kept your noodle safe, sounds like the impact rocked u pretty good; if not for the skid-lid you may not have made it:beerchug:

take your time n heal up-keep posting n make a list of parts that are dmged. I'd try to get the bike in a suspension jig at a dealer to check for frame/fork bending.
doesnt look like too much dmg tho-I flipped mine on its head n didnt dmg the frame or forks so Id imagine you shud be fine. check brake rotors n wheels for straightness too.
good luck sir:thumbsup:

I wonder how well sliders would have protected your motorcycle :-o I have never really seen a motorcycle after an accident that was using sliders

I know the feeling, I wrecked mine on July 13th and in the promise of buying another one. Get well and be safe.

Dude your lucky to be alive, you could have died or lost a leg there easily. I am very happy that your in not that bad of shape, how is the collar bone these days? What a warrior already wanting to rebuild after that madness, please be careful out there.

I had a bike crash when I was real little and the same thing happened that I couldn't remember the crash. I'm riding and the next thing I know is I'm sitting on the couch with my mother cleaning my wounds. Still don't remember to this day what happened.???Hope you heal fast and get the bike back to new.

Back