First stages of my paint shop...

Ok, these three pics will prolly be the last ones I post without some lumber in the frame. I think we're gonna start settin' the wall posts Saturday morning. The grading is pretty much done now. Just a little hand finishing in spots before I get it poured. I've got a sprinkler on it now to soak it down and let it settle as much as possible.
wink.gif

shop_11.jpg

Last one for now... Should I start a new thread when we get started or just keep 'em comin' in this one?
rock.gif
Don't want the dial-up folks to hate life too bad.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082589437 -->

shop_13.jpg

Wow! I'm excited for you bro! I'm glad that you'll be getting your paintshop, bro...and I can't wait ta see some of the pieces yer gonna crank out.

Can I still send ya my hump to airbursh a design on it?

It's black....and I have a design in mind, though.

I know it's super cheesy, BT, so please go easy flamin me...

But the design is the same one on my wife's helmet. Lemme see if I can pull up a pic..

Aaah...here we go!

000_0055_II.JPG

We'll see what we can do with it, PB. Only problem I see is the dark hair and dress blendin' with the black paint on the hump. We'll make it work if that's what you want, though.
wink.gif

if anything, would it be possible to have her hair a shade lighter and perhaps making her dress red?

if anything, would it be possible to have her hair a shade lighter and perhaps making her dress red?
Let me work on a couple ideas. Maybe we can make the ahir and dress work out without havin' to change it too much. I've got a couple ideas to try but I'll have to wait until I get a compressor up and runnin' to try 'em out.
wink.gif

Ok, a few more pics from our work today. We ended up workin' on finishin' tearin' down the front half of the "Chicken Resort" and rebuildin' and re-enforcin' the trusses. Weather was beautiful and I'd love to have been ridin' but it was worth missin' some ridin' to get this much closer to havin' me a shop!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, here are the pics...

Here's our startin' point today...

shop_15.jpg

The stack of (18) rebuilt and re-enforced trusses. They're stronger than when they were new now. We made sure they'd hold up for a LONG time.
biggrin.gif

shop_16.jpg

The contraption Pop welded up to hold this 3-point hitch boom so we could use the Kubota to hoist the trusses and move 'em around easy. He's the shid when it comes to buildin' equipment or machinery.
super.gif

shop_22.jpg

Here's a shot of where the front half of the "Chicken Resort" used to stand. Nothin' left but a few posts to pull up. We're finally done tearin' down. Just a little cleanin' up to do with the Bobcat. WHEW!!!
drooling3.gif

I decided to go ahead and permit it. Gotta do a drawing of my property and where the structure will go and submit it to codes for a permit. Then EPD will come out and make sure it's not too close to my septic tank or drain field lines. Once they give the OK, it's OOOOOOOOON!
super.gif

shop_20.jpg

Just caught wind of your project 'Train. Congrats bro, keep us posted on the progress. I gotta be the first to send that signed 5 spot for luck that you keep behind the register! Grab.

That's all the pics for today. The only reason we didn't start settin' posts in the new building today is the permit deal. I considered just buildin without one but I found out that the EPD (EnvironMENTAL) had to approve the distance from the septic system. I think I could handle gettin' popped by codes later on. I KNEW that EPD would make me tear it down if they found out later and it was too close. On man, that would PISSSSSS me OFF!!! So, I decided it was best to permit it and just be done with it. Now I won't have to worry about codes or EPD catchin' me.
wink.gif

Anyway, I should have the permit the first of the week. Should be postin' construction pics SOOOOOON! Wooohooooooooo!
biggrin.gif

Back