A little 397 miler today

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
Went for a little loop ride with a Co-worker.

Perfect day for us, not so perfect for a few bikes that we saw that didn't make it.

There were 5 LEO's patrolling the TN side of the dragon's tail (Deals Gap).  Didn't see one on the Cherohala skyway.  

I did get stopped twice by the LEO's, notice I said stopped.  One want to get a picture of the bike, I don't know why, I can only image what they are going to use it for, it looked like it was a personal camera... It will probably be used in an ill manner.....  the second was when we pulled off the road down the foothills to take some photos, he didn't like the way my tag was installed and wanted to talk to me about it, threated to give me a ticket, when a warning, then nothing.  I really didn't care what he did, it's just a tag mounted horizontally, he can still read it.  At the CROT, I heard they were handing out warning to all the bikes with Tags mounted "illegally"!  You will be able to see the tag mount in the pictures...

397 miles, 11 hours, including lunch at CROT, photo stops, sight seeing, ice cream, gas stops...  

Started at Starbucks 8am
DSC07561.jpg

DSC07558.jpg

Congrats on handling a stressful situation with poise and grace! The cops out here in Seattle are really cracking down on any non-standard mounting of license plates.
pissed.gif

You went from an easy "equipment" ticket, to a warning, to nothing. Hats off!

Of all the bikes I have owned over the years, i get more comments on the 06 Red/black "How good it looks" than any other scooter I have owned. What tail kit is that you have?

(bogusLogon @ Sep. 16 2007,22:27) Of all the bikes I have owned over the years, i get more comments on the 06 Red/black "How good it looks" than any other scooter I have owned.    What tail kit is that you have?
Tail done by dremel...

looks like you had a great time, i can't wait to get back over there...thanks for making the wait even harder
biggrin.gif

Back