Got in a 140 miler today

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Was in the 50s and I haven’t been out in awhile so I layered up and wore a textile jacket with my leather pants for warmth and took off. Did a familiar loop mostly thru the rolling foothills. Almost no traffic and only saw a couple other bikes. I took a 20 minute picture break (shown) and only one vehicle came by. I could see another climbing the snake below but it didn’t get here before I left. Perfect! :) All the grass is turning green and the cattle herds were everywhere, one, thru the fence but still munching the grass next to the road. Quite a few horses too. Supposed to crest 60 tomorrow so I’m heading out again. The solitude of solo riding on a winding vacant road thru fields of huge old oak trees can make your mind wander. Gotta be careful but, niiiiice.

Thanks! Posted them before but the lookout is a fav stopping point. That’s about where the 49 sign is. For google the nearest (anything) is down the hill on that road a few miles, called Bagby at the bridge.

If you make the top pic full screen you can really see how the road continues to snake thru the mountain about midway up.

Which bike were you on?

I rode the Kaw today, Busa tomorrow and definately Tuesday, my 14th anniversary! Feb 4th 2006 I flew to L.A. with my helmet and gear in a tailbag and rode it from SoCal to San Jose on the coast hiway (proper break in you see) as I didn't want to drone 400 miles on a freeway on a 4.1 mile bike. :D

I forgot to add that the chopper rider was bald and when he walked by I noticed he had facial and skull tats all over his head. He asked, ‘that thing is real fast ain’t it?’ :laugh: He wrapped a bandanna around his face and put on an ancient top hat helmet before he started kick starting his hawg.

:thumbsup:

View attachment 1612188

You know Tim, I’d like to ride hiway 49 from here all the way north until it ends. I’ve ridden several miles of it already but never the whole road in one tour. Looks like a great ride with a variety of scenery, ending up east of Lassen NP. Late springtime would be good I'm thinking. Apparently it ends just west of Reno junction, west of Nevada.

Last edited:
Back