VMANN'S da' man, TOYKRAZ'S da man'...

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Well let's see...... Vman is alive and well and taking care of business on top of winning a battle with colon cancer.....he had time to get me a set of these......

DSC00207__Large_.JPG

Toykraz had a spare triple tree handlebar cover, might be stock, but PERFECT condition,

DSC00219__Large_.JPG

DR1300 had a few of these left over and took the time, "while on the road", to send me a couple.....

DSC00224__Large_.JPG

and a certain ebay guy came through and scored me a new "take off" pair of front rotors after my local guy tried to dress out my 20,000 mile pair and really "screwed the pooch" in the attempt.  Talk about "WAY" less than the stealership.......new pads courtesy of Vman (Kevin).....

DSC00222__Large_.JPG

After all was said and done, I started measuring things and found out my forks had shifted positions...
wow.gif
, as in, my left fork was still seated up against the handlebar / tree cover, but the right had shifted "DOWN" about a .5cm, or around 3/8". I had to get the forks realigned before the test drive, but now everything measures out within 1mm. Watchout wheelie kings....they shift when you bounce the front end under the stock torques specs. Either that, or whomever built this at the dealer never bothered to check them....I'm thinkin' it was the wheelie practice a while back. ...
super.gif

To Kevin, Brad, Doyle, and a guy named Mark....thanks for helping me get things smoothed out and prepared for another 20,000 miles. You guys are awesome !!!!!
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

WHOOPS, almost forgot Gofaster (John), as he allowed the me the use of his front wheel stand that made all the R&R's on the front end, rotor replacements, pad replacements, and fork work possible......

Here's to you too John !!!!! You're da' man also !!!!

This pic was taken on our last run out to Death Valley in the wee hours............

DSC00187__Large_.JPG

Fast lookin bike you have there Spudman!
smile.gif
You will like the TL pegs, I got mine from Vman last year. Don't forget to check your rear brake light, the switch may need to be adjusted. Adam, Thanks for your support after my crash last week, it means alot to me.
beerchug.gif

NP Brah, any acident you can walk away from is a good one !!!
super.gif
 Heck Hal, you can crash the "Fastest Colored Busa" all ya like, just remember to continue walking away....
wink.gif

Thanks for the heads-up on the TL Pegs, brake lights "light" just fine.  I'm likin' them A LOT !!
super.gif
 Really a major change for me.  I've got shifting adjusted, and the brake lever is right where I like it.  

Kevin, you just keep healin' amd survivin' and I'll just keep prayin' !!!!. Actually, I do lot of that.

Thanks all !! It's Friday night, night off, "Time to ride".
cool.gif

super.gif

"Kind words" ? heck as I recall, "someone" was "on the road" and still managed to get stickers mailed out.  You're faster than most shippers on fleabay !!!!
tounge.gif

Personally, I was delighted to finally find an "incognito, but very visible" place to hang my colors !!! You, my friend, are the best !!!! There are a couple within your ranks around here, hope you don't mind sharing the fraternal badge of honor........
bowdown.gif

When you and the wifey make it to Vegas, you got my number, dinner and drinks are on me !!!

Spudley
(Dot ORG PICS Inspector)

(Spudley @ Sep. 14 2007,20:10) Kevin, you just keep healin' amd survivin' and I'll just keep prayin' !!!!.  Actually, I do  lot of that.
I am bro, thanks for the prayers.

I actually sat on the wifes R6 today with my legs on the pegs. There was a little pressure still in my stomach, but I do believe I can ride next weekend and be ready for the Bash the following weekend.

(vman1300 @ Sep. 15 2007,21:12)
(Spudley @ Sep. 14 2007,20:10) Kevin, you just keep healin' amd survivin' and I'll just keep prayin' !!!!. Actually, I do lot of that.
I am bro, thanks for the prayers.

I actually sat on the wifes R6 today with my legs on the pegs. There was a little pressure still in my stomach, but I do believe I can ride next weekend and be ready for the Bash the following weekend.
SHOCKED.gif
Don't rush yourself there mister..
wink.gif
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Bash though..
super.gif

Back