Going to Da Gap, Da Gap, da Gap Gap Gap

for time riding with you, I would make the trip but the Springs was on my schedule already...... looking forward to riding with you all the same..

bowdown.gif

From Lori's post on www.easttnriders.com. These are from three different posts.

While returning home last night from eating with friends in Maryville, I had my second accident. Darryl had taken the truck over to Maryville and I rode the GXSR over later in the day to meet him. After a great dinner with friends we headed home. At around mm10.5 I came around a blind turn and there was a large wild boar in my lane. I basically did a stoppie into the boar and flipped over and landed on my right shoulder. 5 hours in the ER later I have a broken collar bone, and a pretty banged up leg. I'll heal, the front of the GSXR is messed up some, but fixable. Not a great way to end the night , but what can ya do. Broken collar bones suck! I'm off to bed now to try and sleep some. I'm sure we'll take some photos in the next couple days.

Thanks guys and gals! I was kind of thinking the same thing about HOGs last night, lol. I should be healed enough to ride in about 4-5 weeks, I should have my bike and Darryl's bike replaced/fixed by then. I'll still ride, this is just one of those things. After 5 years of riding up there, I just happen to have two accidents close together that I couldn't avoid, it sucks, but it happens.

There is a nice little scuff on my jacket, gives it character. While I was sitting in the road waiting on Darryl to come back I could hear the boar walking around and making a piggie noise, I was just hoping he didn't come back to make me dinner. I did knock his supper out of his mouth, which looked to be a turtle. There were pieces of it laying with the bike.

Thanks again everyone! I'll see ya'll out there again before ya know it.

Thanks again for all the support. To be honest this is really embarassing for me, being so close in time to my other accident. I feel like a big 'ol dummy for having two accidents in 4 months. They were 4 months and a day apart.

I did not have full leathers on at the time. I was wearing jeans since we were going out to eat. The jacket held up great, Darryl was able to help me get it off. I was like dang it, this one isn't getting cut off, nothing had to be cut off this time.

FYI, a chatterbox does not stay on during a crash. I had one on during both accidents, and it broke off both times. Darryl looked around on our way home and found it laying in the ditch. It's a good thing we had the truck and not the car. I had taken the dogs to the vet and had to use the car, and he needed to leave before I got home,so that's why Darryl was driving the truck. And he had just dropped my 636 at wheelers, so there were tie downs in there to. It worked out pretty good. About 10 after the accident, there was a couple guys that had taken a wrong turn, pulled up. Thanksfully they were able to help Darryl load the bike into the truck.

My mom is calling me "The Hog Hunter",lol. I'm lucky to have very understanding partents. They don't like their baby girl being hurt, but it's part of life and a risk when riding motorcycles.

And Dr. O'Brain at Blount Memorial is great! He took very good care of me last night, as did the nurses. I did not go to UT this time, I didn't want to ride in the bumpy truck on the really bumpy road to get there.

wish i could make it... im just miles and miles... and miles away.. but wish you good fun! with ya in spirit!

Back