B-king HP Numbers

From what Motorcyclist magazine said the Busa motor and the Bking motor are EXACTLY the same. The exhaust is obviously different but the motor itself is not de-tuned compared to the Busa. This is coming from a the author that actually met with the Busa design team in Japan. Now seeing as though they are the same exact motor with smaller TB's and a different exhaust 181 without ramair could be close.

On a side note, I didn't think that Suzuki ever advertised their power numbers with RAM estimations added?

Well I remember reading that the BKING was tuned for less peak HP but more TQ than the BUSA. Hence the BIKING was stated to be QUICKER than the Busa but not FASTER. The BKING was stated to also be 30lbs heavier than the new Busa. They tested these bikes side by side.

(foresteronw @ Aug. 03 2007,11:10) From what Motorcyclist magazine said the Busa motor and the Bking motor are EXACTLY the same.  The exhaust is obviously different but the motor itself is not de-tuned compared to the Busa.  This is coming from a the author that actually met with the Busa design team in Japan.  Now seeing as though they are the same exact motor with smaller TB's and a different exhaust 181 without ramair could be close.  

On a side note, I didn't think that Suzuki ever advertised their power numbers with RAM estimations added?
Yep they did..either on their website or one of the press intro's. Suzuki's never really given numbers with ram air...but since kawi started doing it I think they want to be sure the numbers stack up fair for marketing.

(bigoltool @ Jul. 31 2007,18:35) Just saw this on MCN. 181.5hp (crank most likely). Woo Hoo so much for that "tuned for Midrange" stuff.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN....tupdate
beerchug.gif
Thats pretty good considering the 14 is only 187 crank. Thats gonna be one FAST naked bike
wow.gif
tounge.gif

According to the Suzuki brochure I have for 2008 new models:

"Featuring a slightly modified version of the 2008 Hayabusa's new engine, complemented by state-of-the-art chassis ..."

"The B-King has its own valve dimensions to produce smooth, extraordinarily strong low-end power."

(Dennis @ Aug. 03 2007,20:45) According to the Suzuki brochure I have for 2008 new models:

"Featuring a slightly modified version of the 2008 Hayabusa's new engine, complemented by state-of-the-art chassis ..."

"The B-King has its own valve dimensions to produce smooth, extraordinarily strong low-end power."
I've never been a fan of taking a hot motor and detuning it for any reason. I don't care what type of bike the motors in, people like power. So leave the motor alone and let all the fans of diff types of bikes enjoy the same butt-kicking performance.
rant.gif
wink.gif

prior to my busa?...i owned two hot "naked bikes"....a Kawi ZRX1100...

rex2.jpg

burnout.jpg

and a Yami FZ1...

WashFZ2.jpg

Stage3.jpg

and either could solidly run upwards of 160+mph....but without a full fairing?...anything much over 80mph "sustained" wasn't a pleasant experience...and anything 120+?...and you're taking a whooping...do a 1/2 day run with some hot sportbikers?...and by the end of it you'd be willing to trade 2 of your engines cylinders for a small sheet of lexan...and after riding Oren for the past two years?....i'd be hard pressed to go back to a "naked"....as..."my only bike".

also?...Revolution is correct...some clip-on's and rearsets would complete the B-Kings street thug appearance and make the rider appear to be rather notorious in the tuck...and i'll also admit that if i lived in the mountains with some tight technicals?...I could see the B-Kings massive torque as rather appealing...and now that i've seen it sans those huge, ugly almost comic strip like oem cans?...it would definantly make my short list...for a 2nd bike.

JMHO & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I do agree it looks much better with the yoshi's.....

(Revolution @ Aug. 04 2007,04:18) torque...TORQUE...GIVE ME TORQUE!!!!!!!!
but....

i got torque...

Busburn2.jpg

and a fairing to go with it....and at 180+?...it's as stable as Disneys MonoRail.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

(bigoltool @ Aug. 03 2007,16:44)
(The Big Red One @ Aug. 03 2007,16
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(bigoltool @ Jul. 31 2007,18:35) Just saw this on MCN. 181.5hp (crank most likely). Woo Hoo so much for that "tuned for Midrange" stuff.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN....tupdate
beerchug.gif
Thats pretty good considering the 14 is only 187 crank. Thats gonna be one FAST naked bike  
wow.gif

tounge.gif
Naked or otherwise!
You just know a B-king vs new V-max comparo is coming!
MCN says the new V-Max will be released as an '08 model.  I don't know how they've kept it so quiet, if it's true.

1800cc V-4.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN....I-93145

(Oldroller @ Aug. 06 2007,08:28) What puzzles me is how come the B-King weighs in at 520 lbs sans plastics?
The new busa's 485. Maybe its that HUGE exhaust on the King...that couldn't explain it all tho. Maybe they just used less lightweight materials on the King cause' they figured the customer base wouldn't care about the weight like us sportbike types  
tounge.gif
 I also think the frames diff and prolly heavier than the busa.

Back