BEST 1/4 AND 1/8 MILE TIMES

(1300hemibusa @ Jul. 11 2007,22:04)
Here is a 8.77 @ 154 pass on motor ..

I have run 8.56 @ 163  on a 30 shot  .. No big built motor here... This was at 62 1/2 wheel base ...
That is realistic. A guy out of Nebraska that I race against in the PMRA series went 8.469 @165.86 on his. He is about 6" over with a small NoS shot, pipe. Stock motor turns it on.
He ran a 9.248 @ 148.44 on motor only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those are some good numbers for a stock motor 14.  He must be a great rider.

01 GSX-R750, stock motor, lowered: 10.52 @135mph
00 ZX12R, stock motor, lowered: 10.02 @145mph
00 R1, stock motor, strapped: 10.48 @140mph
05 GSX-R1000, stock motor, lowered: 10.12 @145mph
haven't gotten to the track on a busa YET.

beerchug.gif

(bquinn @ Jul. 12 2007,09:50) Wow, those are some good numbers for a stock motor 14. He must be a great rider.
He is a good rider and weighs about 130-140 in his gear. 2nd from the left in this picture. I may be wrong on the wheelbase. It may be closer to 68".

Last edited by a moderator:
velocity turbo, 1.62" 9.31 1/4 151mph 122mph 1/8th. driving through the clutch. i need some more practice, and i weight 360lbs in shorts. that pass it was on the limiter in 4th wouldnt shift into 5th might have gone faster if it would have shifted.

I had my first taste to the 1/4 mile last night for the first time ever. After the butterflies subsidded a little...I turned this out on my 3rd pass of the evening.My launches sucked as I couldn't keep the front tire on the ground. The track is a IHRA/NHRA sanctioned track, and they use VHT all the time...it'll pull your shoes off when you walk on the track. So anyway my Busa is totally stock, and I am a mere 230 lbs, and this was the result...I am in the left lane.

castrolMedium.jpg

I think I have found a new passion with "Stella" my busa...

Cheers,

Tony

(toastman @ Jul. 21 2007,12:32) I had my first taste to the 1/4 mile last night for the first time ever. After the butterflies subsidded a little...I turned this out on my 3rd pass of the evening.My launches sucked as I couldn't keep the front tire on the ground. The track is a IHRA/NHRA sanctioned track, and they use VHT all the time...it'll pull your shoes off when you walk on the track. So anyway my Busa is totally stock, and I am a mere 230 lbs, and this was the result...I am in the left lane.

I think I have found a new passion with "Stella" my busa...

Cheers,

Tony
Good job Tony.

You are officially hooked! A strap on the front will help keep the front tire on the ground. Lowering link, 16/42-43 gearing and you'll be in the low 10's with some seat time!

Fastest Bike to run at Abilene was Blaine Hale's NHRA Pro Stock. I can't remember the exact time but it was somewhere around 4.50 or 4.60.
Fastest Busa was Kevin Krott's he ran 5.17.

Good job Tony.

You are officially hooked! A strap on the front will help keep the front tire on the ground. Lowering link, 16/42-43 gearing and you'll be in the low 10's with some seat time!Thanks for the encouragement Professor !!

I am actually awaiting some goodies for the ol' girl. HMF highmounts,PC III, pair valve blocks,air box mod. Then I will be droppin the triple tree, and putting in dog bones on the back.And the winter project is a custom made swingarm(not the bolt ons) for a  8"-12" adjustable, and maybe have the rims chromed, and a possible air shifter from Santa. My bud at the stealership here wants me to throw on nitrous...but I am very hesitant as I don't want to hoop the engine.

Cheers,

Tony

(tuscolabandit @ Jul. 21 2007,21:27) Fastest Bike to run at Abilene was Blaine Hale's NHRA Pro Stock. I can't remember the exact time but it was somewhere around 4.50 or 4.60.
Fastest Busa was Kevin Krott's he ran 5.17.
Hi John Welcome!  

I never put it together that they were talking about YOUR 14 above there and that Mark.... I'm a bit slow in more ways than at the track!  
biggrin.gif

Hope you got the PCIII fixed!

Rick

Guys this is Kevin Krotts Busa that ran the 5.17. Nice bike.

TV-5-12-2007+157.jpg

And Johns ZX14, Best looking color on a 14 that I have seen yet.
559122027_6482f69659_o.jpg

My best on my old busa was a 9.53@145mph.That was with a #40 nitrous jet(too big of a dry shot)Needless to say the engine was hurt on that run then it let go the following week!I have a 05 ZX10 my best so far is a 9.21@150.93mph on the motor!my 1/8 was a 5.96@121mph I have everything to do a dry shot on this one,it will be done right this time.should go 8.90's or better!

Rick the Bike that ran 5.95 is a gentleman's named John Poor. He is part owner of the local Kawasaki dealership Max's Kawasaki in Abilene. A real good guy who sponsor's motorcycle drag racing at our local track. Wish he could come to PMRA but he has to work on Saturdays. My best time at Abilene is 6.04.
Have not had time to look at the PC. I did call them and they said check the ground and then load a zero map in it and see what happens.
Kevins bike is a stock motor hayabusa in an Athenas frame. He is running 2 intake cams a slider and nitrous. He runs in Top Gas 8.20 index not bad for a stock motor.
I think his best time is 8.13 @ 169.
Benji has or had a 1397, carpenter head, in a Koeing frame. He changes it up so much I can't keep up with him. This was the original set up and it ran a 7.76 so he put a turbo on it, didn't like it and changed it back. He is now trying a multistage lock up so he can ride it back to the pits. Both bikes have radiators and run lectrons. How's the Captain?

Benji had a stock motor in his in June and ran some 8.9s , but he had the good one back in for the July race. I'm not sure what he ran.

Captain is back home today.    There is a link in the first post where he posted info and his picture.

My best 1/8 is a 6.17 @ 118 mph and best 1/4 is a 9.53 @ 142 mph. This is on an 05 GSXR 1000 stock motor, geared, lowered, strapped, full exhaust, mapped, and 62 inches long. I also weigh 200 lbs in shorts.

A friend of mine, let me take his brand new 04 busa stock with only 5 miles on it down the track. It ran a 10.75 @ 130ish with a 1.78 60'

I just bought my first busa on 7/4 and I love it. 2002 LE with D&D slip ons (which I hate) got a clamp for the front and links for the rear so I could lower it. That's it. I rode it to New Hampshire to New England Dragway from Rhode Island last night. I am very happy with the results, with the fist run was a 10.52 @ 135mph and 11 runs later i popped off a 9.76 @ 142mph! Needless to say I'm glad my friends were there to witness it! I'm soooo glad  I bought a Hayabusa.

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

(hotwheels @ Jul. 28 2007,21:34) I just bought my first busa on 7/4 and I love it. 2002 LE with D&D slip ons (which I hate) got a clamp for the front and links for the rear so I could lower it. That's it. I rode it to New Hampshire to New England Dragway from Rhode Island last night. I am very happy with the results, with the fist run was a 10.52 @ 135mph and 11 runs later i popped off a 9.76 @ 142mph! Needless to say I'm glad my friends were there to witness it! I'm soooo glad  I bought a Hayabusa.
Good numbers!

Welcome to the org!

my '05 with stock everything pretty much got 10.9 at 133mph

all i've done to it is k&n, pilot powers, tre, r4 superbike oil, irridium spark plugs.

My first runs at the track were 10.5 1/4 miles I'm consistantly doing a slow 60' (2.00) . I got to let go of that clutch alot faster . And I need an airshifter for the NOS.
race.gif

Back