New toy arrived ;) KTM 1190 Adventure R

Yes , and owners that tried a 16 tooth went back to 17 as they stated it was to wheelie happy / short geared .
KTM now sells a special sprocket that has a shorter teeth . Imagine that ;)
At the the “discounted KTM price” I bet. :banghead:

Have you looked into it? I haven’t done it with my KTM. What I have heard is that DMV can’t tell the difference from street or dirt with KTM.

That all depends upon your state.
Some don't care, some you can even put tags on an atv/4wheeler.
Some states, like Va, won't let you ride anything on the road that didn't come with a street legal title, and you can't get a tag/license plate and street legal registration otherwise.

Most of KTM's off road & duals are ridiculous tall. Took a class & 6ft + guy had brand new enduro that he had toone leg tip toe just to sit on when stopped.

The ground clearance and suspension travel is important, the bigger KTM's are too low. My Husky has 38" to top of seat, for a rider with a short inseam one has to just learn to move the butt off the seat to the one side with one leg down at a standstill stop. When catching air and coming back to mother earth, the more suspension travel, the better.

That all depends upon your state.
Some don't care, some you can even put tags on an atv/4wheeler.
Some states, like Va, won't let you ride anything on the road that didn't come with a street legal title, and you can't get a tag/license plate and street legal registration otherwise.

I would think the states that don’t care are probably out west in the US but I’m in Tn and highly doubt they will let it fly but I’m gonna look into it.

The ground clearance and suspension travel is important, the bigger KTM's are too low. My Husky has 38" to top of seat, for a rider with a short inseam one has to just learn to move the butt off the seat to the one side with one leg down at a standstill stop. When catching air and coming back to mother earth, the more suspension travel, the better.

Pretty much everyone who has ever ridden a dirtbike knows how to lean off the seat and put 1 let down. Big difference doing that on a light CR250 vs a 550+lb dual sport. Not to mention if your launching off table tops catching air on a bike this size and worth that much $$$ more power to you!!! I’d rather get a bike that was designed to do that

I would think the states that don’t care are probably out west in the US but I’m in Tn and highly doubt they will let it fly but I’m gonna look into it.

It’s based off the state and honestly how the dealership hooks you up. I know of a Husky shop that sells their bikes with “Open Titles”. The parts manager told me personally that I could put a dual sport kit on any of their bikes and ride it off the lot legally. The DMV in PA recognizes it as street legal because of the Open Title Sale

71xx Found out this is supposedly its 1st oil change . New D.I.D. chain is on now , and wow is it silent compared to the stock unit . The original was toast . In one location it had the 1.5" ( 1.77 " max ) chain slack .
Roll it a quarter turn there was less than .5" , and felt like a banjo string . Some noise in video is actually the old chain . 118 links , and it was as long as the new 120 link .

I don’t know much about the KTM’s but I like the looks of em. My buddy is big into dual sports and dirtbikes etc. He says he has a Love/Hate relationship with KTM. He says WHEN everything is working on them they are fantastic machines keyword in the sentence is WHEN

That’s what kinda has me leery about em because he has told me several times the acronym for K-T-M is “ Keeps-Taking-Money” :laugh:

It’s based off the state and honestly how the dealership hooks you up. I know of a Husky shop that sells their bikes with “Open Titles”. The parts manager told me personally that I could put a dual sport kit on any of their bikes and ride it off the lot legally. The DMV in PA recognizes it as street legal because of the Open Title Sale
I've seen stamps on the headstock stating "for competition use only" and when the VIN is punched in, it comes up as non street legal.

Get this in order to get all air out of cooling system after a change one must elevate the front end off the ground ( on a ramp ) at least 19.1 inches ;)
Must be a KTM thing.. Buddy decided at just over 50 years old he wanted to learn to ride a quad. He fell in love with an 08 Polaris outlaw 525 which comes with the KTM engine and has got to be one of the baddest sport quads made. Had issues with the temp light coming on and when i flushed the system came across the directions saying to do the same thing to bleed the air.

Reactions: c10
That’s what kinda has me leery about em because he has told me several times the acronym for K-T-M is “ Keeps-Taking-Money” :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I was always told it stands for KEEP THE MOTOR, only played with a few dirt bikes and my buddy's quad so i haven't experienced any issues aside from the running hot in the quad but when they are right they definitely have ALLOT of power.

I have a 99 MXC 300 have had it 11 years now. I did nothing to it in 10 years other than rebuild the forks every year, the rear shock twice and common maintance. I have rode a lot less the last 2 years busa took the priority. But use to ride 3-4 days a week for several years. I did the piston this last winter out of boredom. Had to have over 500 hrs on a two stroke. WTF. And yes I ride hard all the time these young guys will come out with us just to show this old fat guy up. 5 min later I’m sitting on the trail helmet off waiting. I have debating updating my bike every year would love the light weight and better suspension. But I assume I’ll get something that breaks every week.

I deleted the pics of the rings had .02mm wear on the exhaust side.

C50865AC-8A5A-455F-A504-CE8919C6965A.jpeg

C841911D-3A1C-4984-B211-9C4D10A7640A.jpeg

Exactly what I thought too

Yeah.... thought the same thing

People always harp on miles when shopping for a used bike but this is a prime example. There could be the same exact bike with twice the mileage but wasn’t rode half as hard as this 1 was

Yeah.... thought the same thing

People always harp on miles when shopping for a used bike but this is a prime example. There could be the same exact bike with twice the mileage but wasn’t rode half as hard as this 1 was
I can tell you that my 29,000 mile Hayabusa is like new in comparison. My rear pads look great.

Back