New V4 Ducati

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Friend of mine got the new Ducati V4.
Traded his '16 Panigale and '13 Sr1krr to the dealer for it.
It is as loud stock, as his '16 V-twin Panigale with a full Akropovic. Loudest stock bike I've ever heard.
Suprisingly very comfortable(I just sat on it).
So strange to see wires instead of screws for suspension adjustment.
All the settings are on the screen, and the button is in the left switch housing.
He only has 200 miles on it, and as you see, big chicken strips...for now(bad weather, salt, gravel).
But, he said he can already tell it's an amazing bike, and by 6k rpm, it's pulling way harder and faster than his Sr1krr bmw did.
Just thought I'de share some pics.

20180406_134458.jpg
20180406_134503.jpg

Well the BMW is getting a bit long in the tooth, like to see it against the Aprillia. The Ducati is a monster (no pun intended) and they say it's the first Ducati in awhile that is awesome on track and good on the street also. BMW has something up it's sleeve, but the Ducati looks to be a pretty high bar.

Very desirable Ducati , your mate must be pretty stoked , being the master of that bit of kit Six ! :beerchug:
How long till you re-equip yourself with your next set of two wheels Six .... :cool:? Some of us are waiting for new pics of your wheelie antics , on closed circuits only of course bro !! :thumbsup:

Yeah, he is.
The dealer was unsure if they were even going to be able to get him one, until a couple months ago. He's had it about 2 weeks now.

As for me, who knows, next week, next year, eventually.

Well the BMW is getting a bit long in the tooth, like to see it against the Aprillia. The Ducati is a monster (no pun intended) and they say it's the first Ducati in awhile that is awesome on track and good on the street also. BMW has something up it's sleeve, but the Ducati looks to be a pretty high bar.
We'll see the wars of the Eurobikes now.

I have a friend in TX who is itching to buy this bike. I'm linking this thread over to his thread at ninjaforums. He owns 8 or 9 other bikes including a Duc 959 he just got last year, two CBR 1000s and two ZX-10s. He claims they are all too unique to trade any in. Even I'm starting to think he's going overboard now. Who really needs a 959 with this new Panigale? Now if BMW blows this out of the water, I believe he will get that too.

There are a lot of similarities with most any red slab sided superbikes. I still think my old 999 is one of the prettiest bikes I've seen. No rear pegs either.:) I still miss it but it was very hard on the hands and wrists.View attachment 1580373
Always dug the looks of the 999. Thought Terblanche got a bad rap for venturing to far from the status quo on that bike.

I prefer the one over the other headlight setup just like our gorgeous Hayabusas.
Yes that is very nice. Even more so with each light having its own individual hole. I'd be interested in trying that with the busa but the full lens we have is much more aerodynamic. It would sure look cool though.

It was very comfortable to me, and easy on my wrists.
I put my feet on the pegs with it on the kickstand.
I'm 5'10", 174lbs without gear, 70" reach, and 32" inseam.
I can flat foot a stock Busa with a slightly bent knee.
The Ducati has a shorter reach to the bars than the Busa, like most sportbikes, and I like that.
I've now sat on all but a few of the newest sportbikes!
I used to actually ride all the newest bikes! lmao!
The shape of the seat is very good, as it doesn't cut into the underside of your leg, like most seats.
Best sportbike I've sat on in a while, and I'm not a Ducati fan.
I didn't know what it was when I first heard it coming.
But I then knew what it had to be.
It sounds as you would probably think.
A louder than the V-twin, with an echo...like there's 2 of them...imagine that, along with that classic Ducati clickity clack.
I look forward to hearing more about the electronic suspension in the real world, it looks easy to get a perfect setup, and adjust on the fly.

Back