Interested in an undertail with extra storage?

Is water a problem before or after the aluminum piece?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Is water a problem before or after the aluminum piece?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

It doesn't matter, even with the stock trunk. The trunk (no matter which one you have, stock, trunk mod, or Tiger)isn't the problem.
It's the gap between the seat or hump and the tail itself.
There is only a small raised plastic lip on the tail, rain water blows right into the trunk. When you stop you'll find out just how much water is in there. Of course it only takes a drop or two to fry electronics.
Looking at the high tech stuff you guys have or want under the seat, one cloudburst is enough to ruin it all.

I obviously don't know how well the Tiger undertail seals to prevent water from the road, I'm sure some silicone/RTV around the edges wouldn't hurt though.

The trunk mod does not get any water from the road in it, and of course the stock doesn't either.

I've been trying different ways of sealing between the tail and seat/hump, but I haven't found a way I think is simple and functional enough yet...yet.:beerchug:

Note right side. It's the one that is almost bolted down

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319847780.509374.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1319847820.344441.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1319847863.835960.jpg

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.319430,-117.150412

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319847780.509374.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319847820.344441.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319847863.835960.jpg

Ladies and Gents,

I finally got my bike back together. I had some electrical issues and it came out to be the ecu tuner (probably going to send it back to Greg and see if he can fix it). Finally got all my accessories back in there and the computer set up. The undertail worked flawlessly. I had to make one small change so that my imputs to the computer were not bent. Other than that, it fit the bill.

and for all you pic hos :laugh: :
DSC_3067.jpgDSC_3076.jpgDSC_3079.jpgDSC_3083.jpgDSC_3080.jpgDSC_3086.jpgDSC_3087.jpgDSC_3088.jpgDSC_3089.jpgDSC_3085.jpg

DSC_3067.jpg

DSC_3076.jpg

DSC_3079.jpg

DSC_3083.jpg

DSC_3080.jpg

DSC_3086.jpg

DSC_3087.jpg

DSC_3088.jpg

DSC_3089.jpg

DSC_3085.jpg

Ladies and Gents,

I finally got my bike back together. I had some electrical issues and it came out to be the ecu tuner (probably going to send it back to Greg and see if he can fix it). Finally got all my accessories back in there and the computer set up. The undertail worked flawlessly.

View attachment 234574

On a recent trip I cut some rubber sheet and taped it over the cowl opening. Rode in the worse downpour I have ever seen at 50-60 mph on interstate with no problems. All you have to do is knock the water down that comes through the crack between the seat/cowl and water will flow around the opening and back out.

Questions:

1. What functions are on the computer - can you run through them and explain?
2. Is that a GPS antenna on the computer?
3. Is the touch screen weatherproof? Can you see it well in the sunlight?
4. Can you feel that weight on the tail?
5. How are you getting audio, through earphones or something like an AutoCom?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm right behind you on this project so I have a high interest in what you're doing.

On a recent trip I cut some rubber sheet and taped it over the cowl opening. Rode in the worse downpour I have ever seen at 50-60 mph on interstate with no problems. All you have to do is knock the water down that comes through the crack between the seat/cowl and water will flow around the opening and back out.

Would you mind posting a pic of how it looks?

Would you mind posting a pic of how it looks?

I ripped it off after the trip but I can tape some more on and show it. Will take a couple days to get to it. I have been riding without it for awhile with no problems. I do get water in there but the electronics don't seem to mind it so far.

Ladies and Gents,

I finally got my bike back together. I had some electrical issues and it came out to be the ecu tuner (probably going to send it back to Greg and see if he can fix it). Finally got all my accessories back in there and the computer set up. The undertail worked flawlessly. I had to make one small change so that my imputs to the computer were not bent. Other than that, it fit the bill.

and for all you pic hos :laugh: :
View attachment 234571View attachment 234572View attachment 234573View attachment 234574View attachment 234575View attachment 234576View attachment 234577View attachment 234578View attachment 234579View attachment 234580

Wow can you do your taxes and send email with that thing?...nice :thumbsup:

The Hayabusa.org member discount code is
tiger10
for any of our aluminum parts and it's good until 12-31-11

Just want to show our love of this website.

Guy

See below in Red.

Questions:

1. What functions are on the computer - can you run through them and explain? GPS, Internet, Video Recording, Engine Diagnostics, Maintenance tracking, entertainment(music)
2. Is that a GPS antenna on the computer?Yes, I had to move it due to EMI
3. Is the touch screen weatherproof? Can you see it well in the sunlight?weatherproof, not completely waterproof. Yes it is a sunlight readable touch screen by lilliput
4. Can you feel that weight on the tail?all together the computer and stuff is less than 3 lbs, so no.
5. How are you getting audio, through earphones or something like an AutoCom?Chatterbox(which was removed for the pics) X1

Sorry for all the questions but I'm right behind you on this project so I have a high interest in what you're doing.

Wow can you do your taxes and send email with that thing?...nice :thumbsup:

I guess you could install tax software and do your taxes. There is a safety lock so that when the GPS senses movement, the screen will restrict you to certain apps.

How do you keep your battery still? That is the only thing I am looking to do now. There is no mount to keep the battery held in. I can fabricate something up but just wondering what your ideas are...

How do you keep your battery still? That is the only thing I am looking to do now. There is no mount to keep the battery held in. I can fabricate something up but just wondering what your ideas are...

Battery and ECU both need heavy duty velcro put on and then stick them down. Works perfectly.

Back