What did you run on the BUSA???

What did you run on the BUSA??? - 1st time on the 1/4 mile how did you do?

• 13.00's or slower!

Votes: 580 70.4%
  • 12.00-12.99!

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • 11.00-11.99!

Votes: 40 4.9%
  • 10.00-10.99!

Votes: 135 16.4%
  • 9's First weekend ever on the track and a Hayabusa!

Votes: 55 6.7%

• Total voters
First time ever to the track on my 2008 busa i made two passes. A best of 9.33@151.22 then was kicked off the track. performance wise all my bike has is a yoshi R77 exhaust, and is slammed. everything else is oem, even the tires. I defenently need more practice though.

First time ever to the track on my 2008 busa i made two passes. A best of 9.33@151.22 then was kicked off the track. performance wise all my bike has is a yoshi R77 exhaust, and is slammed. everything else is oem, even the tires. I defenently need more practice though.

What 60s did you have on theese runs ?
only slammed ,stock gearing ?

What 60s did you have on theese runs ?
only slammed ,stock gearing ?

i had a 1.63 60ft on that run, but i rode the bike to the track so i didnt mess with tire pressure. but ya my bike is lowered front and rear, yoshi r77, and i forgot to mention i threw my 16 tooth sprocket on the front. thats all. 16/43 gearing running right at top of 5th gear threw the traps.

This is definitely legit...Mine did 8.81 @ 155 with 1.4's but I have a few more mods...Gen II's setup right and ridden well can run low 9's upper 8's all day....

First time ever doing a 1/4 (or launching) on a motorcycle, 07 with slip on.

R/T .117
60' 1.974
1/8 6.848
1/4 10.348
mph 138.31

Back in 98 i sold my 92 gsxr1100 went without a bike for 2 years bought a 99 busa with yosh full system and extended 6inches from a friend. He delivered the bike to my work it happened to be on a wednesday. Test and tune is on wed. Nights at darlington dragway in sc when i got off work i hopped on the bike went straight to the track got my number on the bike pulled into the burnout box then made mt first pass in 2 years and first pass on the bike went into the 9s for the first time ever it was like a 9.95 @ 140. NO STRAP 240LBS

IMG_20101211_201245.jpg

I don't drag. Took my completely stock '06 down the 1/4 twice. I probably weigh close to 300 pounds geared up. 11.0 was my best run. Left the light like I would a stop light. First run I bounced off the limiter in first because i couldn't get my foot up to hit 2nd fast enough. I've had the '08 for over three years and have not taken it down the 1/4 yet. Maybe soon.....

a bit off topic, sorry

How do you get permission to ride in street clothes ?:banghead:
On every track here in Europe at least protective wear is obligate.

Realy races only in leathers ,gants ,boots, and dot or snell approved helmets.

Crazy country were your not allowed to see naked skin ,but are allowed to rub yours off on a track :whistle::beerchug::laugh:

a bit off topic, sorry

How do you get permission to ride in street clothes ?:banghead:
On every track here in Europe at least protective wear is obligate.

Realy races only in leathers ,gants ,boots, and dot or snell approved helmets.

Crazy country were your not allowed to see naked skin ,but are allowed to rub yours off on a track :whistle::beerchug::laugh:

that picture is from 2000. all i can say is poor management. they dont allow that anymore. full leathers boots gloves and helmet now day:beerchug:

first ever run on my 09 was 11.5 now after a few small mods 9.8 at night . On a hot day down here in florida best run was 10.1

First run on my new busa last week. 6 over stretch, lowered but not strapped and an MC Turbo.

R/T 0.402
60' 1.958
1/8 6.642
mph 121.3

Sadly the track was only set up for 1/8th mile runs.

Even with the stretch, the front wheel came up a touch.

Recent convert from a nitrous V Rod and the bus is WAY faster!!

Still not had the '08 drown the strip. Looking forward to next year.. lost one drag strip in Tulsa.. still one in Oklahoma City and next is up in Kansas. Nothing too close. :banghead:

Still not had the '08 drown the strip. Looking forward to next year.. lost one drag strip in Tulsa.. still one in Oklahoma City and next is up in Kansas. Nothing too close. :banghead:

Supposedly Tulsa will still be open next year. You should come out if it is.

My first night out i ran a worst of a 10.19 at 143 mph and a 1.83 60ft. and my best time of the night was a 9.72 at 149 mph with a 1.62 60ft.
Btw this was my first night at the track. Only mods to the bike are some slip on exhaust and its lowered in the rear. no strap. (first post FTW!!)

My first night out i ran a worst of a 10.19 at 143 mph and a 1.83 60ft. and my best time of the night was a 9.72 at 149 mph with a 1.62 60ft.
Btw this was my first night at the track. Only mods to the bike are some slip on exhaust and its lowered in the rear. no strap. (first post FTW!!)

What year is your busa?

Supposedly Tulsa will still be open next year. You should come out if it is.

Really??! :please:

I love the track. Would enjoy coming up there. Hopefully learn a few things. Always room for improvement. Part of the fun.

2011 totally stock BLACK, 225lbs suited. First time NOT strapped; 10.22, 148mph. Second time strapped, 10.1, 145mph... Shooting for 9's, keeping it stock.

Back