chains, chains, and more chains...choices

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
It's about time to swap out my chain...been browsing to see what's out there these days. x ring or o ring? Colored or not, they have an orange one to match...
RK, EK, etc ($139-$200)?

I found one I think will do pretty good, looks like it's rated strong and has weight reducing holes...item 370499002655
EK 530 MVXZ GOLD X-RING CHAIN 120 LINKS HAYABUSA R1 ZX | eBay

The you have one like this that is a fraction of the cost...yet I believe you get what you pay for when it comes to chains. Item 320683359786
530 O-Ring Red Chain Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 08-09 - eBay (item 320683359786 end time Apr-12-11 17:09:27 PDT)

Then there's this one...item 390096862674
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0096862674&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The prices are sooooo wide spread, which one do you trust in the upper ranges. One says for a Hayabusa, but then says up to 1000cc in the same ad ???

I think the first one is the best bet~!~~?~

Id get the EK in the first link, You do get what ya pay for in this area.
Maybe hit up Justin at Honda East for a price match or even better deal, gotta help the sponsors.

The first chain looks like the real deal. The other two are probably Chinese cr@p. This is not a place to cheap out.

I have had great luck with EK ZZZ chains . If you run it hard I would at least consider one :whistle:

This is probably obvious, but recommend you swap out the sprockets while you're at it. Nothing will destroy a new chain faster than old worn sprockets. FWIW, usually cheapest to buy a chain and sprocket kit if you're going with steel in stock ratios.

Id get the EK in the first link, You do get what ya pay for in this area.
Maybe hit up Justin at Honda East for a price match or even better deal, gotta help the sponsors.

Sad and sorry to say this he seldom replys back.I guess he must be really very busy.:whistle:

This is probably obvious, but recommend you swap out the sprockets while you're at it. Nothing will destroy a new chain faster than old worn sprockets. FWIW, usually cheapest to buy a chain and sprocket kit if you're going with steel in stock ratios.

I have about 6 sprockets on the wall and all look like brand new, I swap sprockets so much for different track conditions then for street riding it's just not funny :laugh:

Sad and sorry to say this he seldom, replys back.I guess he must be really very busy.:whistle:

Justin replied per PM very quickly and offered me a great price :thumbsup:, even beat the best Ebay price I quoted...I'll order the ZZZ from him next pay check

Justin replied per PM very quickly and offered me a great price :thumbsup:, even beat the best Ebay price I quoted...I'll order the ZZZ from him next pay check

:thumbsup:

I think I've gotten about 10 PM's in the last 2 days about chains because of this thread. Keep em' coming!

I'll admit it, I am one of those PM guys! I will be ordering one from Justin as well.

Get a ZZZ.

I got it for the ultimate peace of mind. Nothing better and its a proven chain

I got my chain from Justin. hes a good guy and does you well! :thumbsup:

Back