chains and sprockets questions

Jeremy Godo

Registered
hey guys. I am in need of a new chain and I would like to go up 2 teeth in the back to a 42 sprocket. I found this chain on eBay. does anyone have any exp. with parts angel on eBay.
here is the link
"530 Gold O Ring Chain 112 Links for Motorcycle | eBay"

also, do I need a longer chain if I go up two teeth in the back and leave the front stock?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are taking a huge risk ordering a non brand name chain from eBay,probably(almost certainly)a chinese knockoff. Spend the money on a quality chain,EK,DID,RK,hell even the stock OEM chain would be a better choice than that eBay chain.

You will be able to use stock amount of links if you go up 2t on the rear,you will shorten up your wheelbase a tad bit however. You'd be better off going to a 16t on the front instead,which is equivalent to 2.5t on the rear.

Motomummy.com has the best prices on highh quality chain/sprocket kits also...

I wouldn't at all trust that chain Jeremy,if/when it breaks there's a good chance it could take you out or wad up around your front sprocket and take out your cases(then you'd be fukked for real bro).Stick with an EK or one of the other top brands,gonna be over a $100(up to $200)but a lot cheaper than replacement cases.

(Red and oldgixxer just now beat me to it while I was typing out my post :laugh:)

hey guys. I am in need of a new chain and I would like to go up 2 teeth in the back to a 42 sprocket. I found this chain on eBay. does anyone have any exp. with parts angel on eBay.
here is the link
"530 Gold O Ring Chain 112 Links for Motorcycle | eBay"

also, do I need a longer chain if I go up two teeth in the back and leave the front stock?

Hey if cost is an issue for you,I have several OEM chains that are barely used as well as a few low mileage gold RK chains as well. They aren't junk either,I would never sell crap to anyone. I could give you a really good price,just PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should be here(at my house)in a minute,have my stock chain(2500 miles)a Suzuki Gen I manual,and a front Michelin Power Supersport I'm gonna pay it forward and send him home with.

If you've never put a new master link on, make sure you have the pins crimped/crushed enough, but not too much.
It can be done with a center punch and some skill, but a quality chain breaker/press makes life easy.
Get the old pirate to show you.

If you've never put a new master link on, make sure you have the pins crimped/crushed enough, but not too much.
It can be done with a center punch and some skill, but a quality chain breaker/press makes life easy.
Get the old pirate to show you.

I'm gonna try to run down my chain breaker this week,loaned it to a guy in Perris about 3 months ago and haven't seen or heard from him since(same as once before,but he moved two months ago and didn't get me his new address or phone #).:crowbar: :laugh:

He should be here(at my house)in a minute,have my stock chain(2500 miles)a Suzuki Gen I manual,and a front Michelin Power Supersport I'm gonna pay it forward and send him home with.

So does he have a chain from you Jeff? Jeremy sent me a PM but if you hooked him up,all is well:beerchug:

I got red one

1446144260357.jpg

Back