Chains by Volar

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
I'll be using a different brand but I came across this and wondered if the person that used this on his or her Busa is a member. Maybe we could get a review of how well it worked? Always good to have options ya know? Especially ones that are resonably priced :laugh:

Volar

Taken from another link about Volar chains.. I will sell you my RK chain that I removed from my 09 (cleaned and lubed every 600 miles) clean!!..
45 bucks shipped!

Do yourself a life-saving favor and stay far away from this chain.......total garbage.

Problem started during install (a red flag that I ignored because I wanted to ride again so badly), when the master link rivet cracked under half-pressure. I decided to use the clip link that also came with the chain, and completed the install.

Do not believe the lies about tensile strength. Volar claims over 10,000lbs.........B.S.! 250 mi of riding = 3 adjustments. The chain continues to stretch. I compared a link to an old DID link I had laying around, and with 2 pliers, bent the Volar link to just over 20 degrees and it broke in half........compared to the DID that was able to bend to a 90 degree with no signs of cracking/breaking.

As mentioned, I decided to rock this chain anyways, since I had a short road trip planned. It totally chewed up my back tire (Dangerously!). There is miles of lateral movement, and it rubs the back tire to melting the rubber. Now I need another new chain AND a new back tire! So pissed off..........

I still have not gotten any response from D2Moto. Monday starts the campaign for refund and damages. This chain is a potential killer.

For me, I always used Stock chains and sprockets on all my past chain drive bikes. Again for me, they last and with little stretch after break in. Cleaning and lubing every 600 miles or so is a must. PS, my new crop of bikes, so far need no chains. The M109r excluded, for it is shaft driven.

Back