want to see a BMW s1000RR look slow?

there is just no way the s1000rr could catch the F1 car. those things are soo damn fast. it really does make the bike look slow...

close to 1000hp and upwards of 18000rpm bike doesnt stand a chance. cool vid though :thumbsup:

the S1000RR needs a better rider.

If you read the info for the video you'll see this was a special vehicle swap organized by BMW. Nick Heidfeld and Troy Corser swapped rides for the day so what we see is Corser driving the car and Heidfeld riding the bike.

F1 is the pinnacle of Motorsports and no other form of motor racing utilizes more technology than it. At speeds above 90mph due to the amount of downforce they develop an F1 car could drive upside and stay stuck to the surface .

I think most peeps missed the message here. Troy Corser still looked fast as all get out in an F1 car!! These guys have crazy skills. Plus the F1 guy (Heidfeld) looked fairly good on two wheels!
:beerchug:
Awesome vid!

I remember back when I raced F1's there pretty fast but their not faster then my F15 Fighter Jet :laugh::laugh::laugh:
but seriously those cars are awesome I would love to get the chance to drive one around the track for a day

500 hp built turbo s1000rr vs F1. Now THAT would be a race hehe
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not about horse power, its about traction and downforce. All that rubber on the road and all the aero work on the car in the turns will win everytime.

What about a turbo s1000RR vs the F1?

Put all the horsepower you want on it the bike will never match the grip and corning ability of that car :laugh:

Think about even with a turbo take him a while to hook and then he's got the turn :laugh:

Back