brocks: '09 GSXR1000 vs BMW s1000RR

Hmm well looks like the GSXR 1000 will get a make over in 11 although WTF is he talking about that the BUsa and ZX-14 do not make that kind of power???

What ever... Track yes, 1/4 mile... I honestly don't think so... I am looking foward to one pulling up beside me @ HRP. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Most of the ones Ive seen down here make 180ish rolling stock.:laugh:

The Gen-II's have made 178-180 STD on Brock's dyno "stock". SAE numbers are a bit lower so ya the BMW's are that strong... ;)

Still waiting to see what they have run side by side with equal riders...

What ever... Track yes, 1/4 mile... I honestly don't think so... I am looking foward to one pulling up beside me @ HRP. :beerchug:

Cycle World ran their annual Master Bike issue devoted strictly to Liter class machines. The BMW was I believe 1 tenth off of there fastest quarter mile time ever tested. Don't quote me on the difference, I'd have to read the article again and I believe the record holder is a busa.

I beg to differ. Stock to stock. Would be real close.

im glad that bmw did this. It seems to me that this bike is all that and a bag of chips. Good. That way it will get the rest of the companies to get off their collective butts and produce something better. Competition breeds innovation. no competition breeds complacency.

im glad that bmw did this. It seems to me that this bike is all that and a bag of chips. Good. That way it will get the rest of the companies to get off their collective butts and produce something better. Competition breeds innovation. no competition breeds complacency.

My thoughts exactly, think about the effect the iPhone had on the market. Raised the bar and continues to, and now the other developers are putting out some great products.

Really though power wise what more is there to capatilize on when you are restricted to 186mph I agree the real test should be when they put them on the track. Imagine a busa with trac control and ABS :laugh:

Really though power wise what more is there to capatilize on when you are restricted to 186mph I agree the real test should be when they put them on the track. Imagine a busa with trac control and ABS :laugh:

thats true. i would like to see the same comparison out of crate stock to stock and see who gets to the 186mph limit first. That is really what would be interesting. At the track though i think that it just might be the new king of the hill.

Cycle World ran their annual Master Bike issue devoted strictly to Liter class machines. The BMW was I believe 1 tenth off of there fastest quarter mile time ever tested. Don't quote me on the difference, I'd have to read the article again and I believe the record holder is a busa.

I beg to differ. Stock to stock. Would be real close.

I read the article. BMW 9.78, My second time ever to the track Busa 9.71... That was running piss poor 60' 1.83. With 1.63 60' I ran 9.49 @ 151.08.

I entirely agree. I'm sure the pace of progress in performance - although it has been huge in the last few years - is still being held back by some agreement that the the four Japanese makes have made with each other - to edge it up just a bit every year (or two), control development costs, and not show everything they're capable of - just drip-feed it to the buyers.

What it would take to break this cosy status quo is another manufacturer coming in with a game-changer. This is what BMW appears to have done.

I haven't tried one out yet, but intend to as soon as possible. I see Brock Davidson suggesting that it's equipped to rival his record-breaking GSXR-1000 which hit 165 in the quarter-mile a couple of years ago.

Busa - world's fastest accelerating road bike. What will the Suzuki engineers do to keep up (or exceed)?

While were reveling in the 1000rr, great bike that I bet it is...

Let's not forget the BMW concept 6 cylinder...Reportedly going for a sport tourer...
Better hope they don't (or do) apply much the same tecnology and make a
bonified Busa SLAYER...1600cc inline six...
Could be the bike Suzuki should have made for a Gen II...

Just a way out there thought...
Don't forget, BMW is not bound by the 186/300km/hr agreement...they can
run that thing to over 200mph if they want :whistle:

bmw-motorrad-concept-6-left-front.jpg

BMW Motorrad Concept 6 - webBikeWorld

My same feeling here. I always wondered why BMW didn't produce a real sportbike prior to this bike's inception! Too bad its so ugly, imo..

While were reveling in the 1000rr, great bike that I bet it is...

Let's not forget the BMW concept 6 cylinder...Reportedly going for a sport tourer...
Better hope they don't (or do) apply much the same tecnology and make a
bonified Busa SLAYER...1600cc inline six...
Could be the bike Suzuki should have made for a Gen II...

Just a way out there thought...
Don't forget, BMW is not bound by the 186/300km/hr agreement...they can
run that thing to over 200mph if they want :whistle:

bmw-motorrad-concept-6-left-front.jpg

BMW Motorrad Concept 6 - webBikeWorld

I'm wondering when someone will eventually do this. I love when a manufacturer puts out an epic bike like the '84 Ninja, ZX-11, and Hayabusa.
Imagine what it will be like with a v-6!! Sign me up!

Back