Any1 know what this wire is?

Mythos

Registered
This wire comes from the inside of the left fairing down by the left fork. It has some sort of white plastic connector but it isn't connected to anything anymore. The one that was hanging loose is a red wire and there is also a black wire that appears to run along with it. The white connector loosely houses a copper looking knob electrical contact. It made a nice arch when it touched some metal part. The bike was not running when the arch occurred but obviously there is power in the wire.

I think I know what this might be but I want to ask if anyone can ID for me before I submit my idea.
P1050094.jpg
[/IMG]

P1050097.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
That is half of a fuse link to power an accessory. The other end is most likely connected to the fuse box. Remove the inner panel and get that off before you damage something.

Last edited:
Thanks TTE and Jonny. I wanted to see if anyone would recognize it as OEM. Got my answer. I will tape it up until I get a chance to do something with it.

I am nearly certain that this wire is to the orange lizard light blinkers that came installed on this 08 floor model. When I got the bike, it looked to me like someone did a sloppy install on the lizard lights. I recently noticed that they didn't work anymore-- I guess I know why. Perhaps I will pull the lights out this winter. I'm not much on bling anyway.

Thanks. I'll post up if I run into something unexpected.

Last edited:
yes i agree after checking the manual that is not oem:rulez:

That is half of a fuse link to power an accessory. The other end is most likely connected to the fuse box. Remove the inner panel and get that off before you damage something.

Correct. Personally, I'd fuse it up and keep it, just incase need for it arises.

Correct. Personally, I'd fuse it up and keep it, just incase need for it arises.
never thought of that. In all likelihood the red and black wire sitting there are the same ones that I see coming off the battery. That could be used for something some day. Perhaps with a few zip ties and self adhesive mounts, the sloppy wiring job can be cleaned up. Good suggestion!

Back