Speed sensor output wire

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
2008 Gen II

Does anyone know which of these wires is the signal wire for the sensor~?~

My bike is not currently in a turn key state to test it ...

I have a red/black wire, white/black wire, and a solid black wire coming from the sensor.

100_2228.jpg

I can't see it on the picture. On the Gen I bikes the wire is pink on one side (the sensor side I'm pretty sure) and changes to a different color on the other side of the plug. That is the wire you want. I don't remember what color was on the other side. I can look at the Gen II service manual wiring diagram tonight if no one else chimes in.

There is a solid black wire that comes from the sensor side that plugs into a solid pink wire on the opposite side, I'd bet that's the one.

Thanks for the info~!~

If your installing a speedo healer etc....the plug only matches the correct one. The easy way to tell is follow the wires coming fromt he sprocket cover up which is that black plug your looking at.

Take care,
Mike

I'm actually tapping into the sensor output wire for the speed guage on my data logger

Black turning to Pink is the one. I tapped into it for something that leaves your brake light on when you stop and take your hand off the brake lever.

Back