The deal w/ ClipOn's?...

MikeSomething

Registered
I know people get them cause it saves weight and you can easily replace the handlebar if and when you dump the bike...

I was just wondering, do you just take off the top tripletree and keep it off and have enough fork sticking out on the top to clip the clipon's onto it at stock height? Thanks!

I've never tried adding aftermarket clipons nor have I ever seen them on a busa. I'm sure if it can be done someone on here will have an answer.

The biggest reason I use aftermarket clipons is adustability and in the event of a crash they are much less likely to get bent. I push my bars out as wide as possible for leverage.

I know nothing about them,

But using something called Clip On with a bike that will do 170mph just doesnt sound good to me. I want it bolted on.

I went with an aftermarket top clamp....but you simply need enough fork tube sticking out to attach them to, you may have to slide the tubes up a little.

I know nothing about them,

But using something called Clip On with a bike that will do 170mph just doesnt sound good to me. I want it bolted on.

Most of us track addicts prefer clipons and we do 170mph on a regular basis. :thumbsup:

BigRod has an aftermarket tripletree. I'm trying to figure out if I can just simply remove the top tripletree and have enough room on the top of the forks to simply put them on...

ok. theres a new guy that has something similar, his name is elgato, or something to that. it looks awful. search for touring bike and his thread will show up with pics.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...lly-done-modding-my-ride-moment-here-she.html

i dont think they are clip ons but is this what you are wanting to do?

Last edited:
ok. theres a new guy that has something similar, his name is elgato, or something to that. it looks awful. search for touring bike and his thread will show up with pics.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...lly-done-modding-my-ride-moment-here-she.html

i dont think they are clip ons but is this what you are wanting to do?

he just used a spacer to raise the stock pieces....not clip-ons.

here is a pic of my buddy Jack's bike. note the aftermarket top clamp with clip-ons above it. you could do this with the top clamp, it just would not look as good....

jack1.jpg

he just used a spacer to raise the stock pieces....not clip-ons.

here is a pic of my buddy Jack's bike. note the aftermarket top clamp with clip-ons above it. you could do this with the top clamp, it just would not look as good....

the top clamp is not on the bike that i posted. and no he didnt use a spacer, its covertibars, some hybrid clip on stuff. also i dont see how you can use clip ons with the factory 2 piece assembly. i dont think there would be any room for them, unless you went under the lower piece of the upper triple, and it would most likely rub or hit something.

the top clamp is not on the bike that i posted. and no he didnt use a spacer, its covertibars, some hybrid clip on stuff. also i dont see how you can use clip ons with the factory 2 piece assembly. i dont think there would be any room for them, unless you went under the lower piece of the upper triple, and it would most likely rub or hit something.

yes you are correct....its the stock triple clamp, with conveti-bars....so you can raise them or lower them for comfort..

SuzukiBusab.jpg

Last edited:
YOU do NOT have enough fork sticking up thru the lower top clamp to add clip-on on TOP of it..you could go under it with risers ( I do NOT like risers clip ons). My set up is a ONE piece top clamp and lower 2 inches that slide the forks up thru..and the clip ons then go on the forks above the clamp. My clip ons are from Driven.

For best: replace your tree with a nice one piece clamp then clip ons...like mine or the pic up a few post that has a PMR clamp, clip ons and 2 gauge pods in center. Im at work so I cant post better pics of my set up..though they are already on here somewhere.:beerchug:

Back