The deal w/ ClipOn's?...

Why would you really want clip ons on a bike like the Busa? The bars are pretty much right where you want them to be, not too high, not too low. If youhad more open space around the cowling i could see the possibility, but its not a supersport

Why would you really want clip ons on a bike like the Busa? The bars are pretty much right where you want them to be, not too high, not too low. If youhad more open space around the cowling i could see the possibility, but its not a supersport

Mine are VERY close to the stock possition:laugh: I believe just small bit more down rake ( 7 degrees ...on my Driven set ). I was after more look. I hate having what everyone else has set up...like the bland boaring same type of chrome top clamp.???

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

My initial 1st post tells you why. Not a supersport? What do u mean? I want them incase I drop my bike so I can easily replace the handlebars during trackdays.

I tried to put a pair on my Gen1 and we tried over and under and no matter which way the turning radius on the bike was severely depleted. I have an aftermarket top triple tree as well. If any1 found a solution to this problem i would like to know because i like the sportbike aggresive posture and I would definitely like to buy a pair of clipons that actually fit and performed as such ???

I tried to put a pair on my Gen1 and we tried over and under and no matter which way the turning radius on the bike was severely depleted. I have an aftermarket top triple tree as well. If any1 found a solution to this problem i would like to know because i like the sportbike aggresive posture and I would definitely like to buy a pair of clipons that actually fit and performed as such ???
DSCF1473.JPG

Thought I'd update this old thread in case people are still wondering if it can be done . I am sure there are others , but I do know for certain of 2 other Busa , that run different super trick triple setups with clipons , they are both Gen 1 , and are both known as top echelon dream turbo builds . One is still under construction , and the completed other sports full Ohlins Superbike spec fork and Brembo race hardware !! Should be able to narrow it down from that info !!
For my regular L2 however , I chose Renthal Gen 3 clipons and Agras top triple . The legs are left at standard Gen 2 height , but the triple is configured to allow choice of clipon fitment . The top triple weighs 650 grams with yoke nut and 2 fork spacers ( 1 under each clipon ) . The Gen 3 Renthals , are offset 20mm , are fully rebuildable and weigh 203 grams each . All the components have been refitted with ti fasteners .

Back