Adjusting fast idle...

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So since I preached about it in another thread I figured I would finally fix my fast idle and adjust it to 3k....but I don't know how :rofl:

When fully extended my it idles up to just under 2k rpm. But when I look at the adjuster, there doesn't seem to be any way to increase the idle. Below you can see the pic at normal idle, then with the fast idle all the way out. So my question is how do I make it go higher? The mechanism is at full extension now but still only providing 2k.

Thanks for the input guys. :beerchug:

Miscellaneous 134.jpg

Miscellaneous 133.jpg

Fast idle for warm up(switch on clutch side). Not sure on how high it should be though...
Standard idle is about 1250rpm's

According to that... "the engine speed rises when warmed up"? ???
That's what it says....let it warm up. Perhaps why mine has never been above 2000. I turn the fast idle off after about 30 seconds because it idles just fine after that regardless of outside temp.

Is there a problem if the bike only idles just above 2k at fast idle?
Yours the same as mine??
I never use the fast idle for more than 30 seconds....I turn it off and let the normal idle run after that, runs just fine for me.

Lift your tank and move the fast idle lever, you'll see which cable is moving.

I followed the cable and adjusted it until the arm was fully forward when the fast idle lever was in the on position. Even adjusted like this the fast idle didn't increase. It's probably pretty simple but over my head at this point..

Lamb uses his fast idle as a cruise control. Just bend the lil tab with the stop scew all the way back and voila! Cruise control. Works great. Super easy and you can still use it as a fast idle.

Last edited:
Lamb uses his fast idle as a cruise control. Just bend the lil tab with the stop scew all the way back and voila! Cruise control. Works great. Super easy and you can still use it as a fast idle.

Sounds like a good idea. Next time you have your tank up would ya snap a picture of the tab bent back ? Thanks !

Back