Whats going on here?

BigRod1300

Registered
As the MULLET stands today! The Wife walked into the garage and said "what did you do to it?". I told her "Im parting it out"...LOL..and walked away.

Gotch yea.....WINTER MODS! Not any very big drastic changes, but you will have to wait. I wish there was more ching for SPEED bling, cause now would be a great time to drop the motor and take it over to HPC:laugh:
The swingarm comes off next..then that should be about it.
:whistle:THEN FUN STARTS

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

Parting it out!! I should try that one on my wife as my bike looks about the same right now...she'd just die!

Ok I think you might have spilled a little to much :laugh: Hmm swing arm is coming off.... what mods would require the swing arm coming off... hmmm let's see, you already have an air ride system so it's not the rear shock... :thumbsup:

Ok I think you might have spilled a little to much :laugh: Hmm swing arm is coming off.... what mods would require the swing arm coming off... hmmm let's see, you already have an air ride system so it's not the rear shock... :thumbsup:

When I cut off the old jackshaft this past fall. I want to make an airtank to fit in its location that looks like its part of the arm. Maybe a bit more work on the arm for another mod too:whistle:

hey bigrod, why dont you go ahead and ship me those pipes that are just chillin on your work bench :whistle:.... since i still havn't done anything with my exhaust since i went to the osd 330..:banghead:

hey bigrod, why dont you go ahead and ship me those pipes that are just chillin on your work bench :whistle:.... since i still havn't done anything with my exhaust since i went to the osd 330..:banghead:

I still have NOT made up my mind if Im keeping them any longer or going to make a NEW set up? Still in the planning phase:whistle: One member has option of 1st dips if I sell them.

I'll have to swing by your place sometime Rod and check out the workshop.

Come on up. I dont know if Id call it a work shop....just my corner in the garage:laugh:

The mod Im playing with now is the guage cluster. Working out the plan and research right now and pricing up the parts. Be something like this with the rest of the gauges being digi. **This is not the tach I will use....its for size reference ONLY**
But to make what I want work...its starting to snowball reguired more mod/work/$$$. Im on a small funds budget this winter.:banghead:

DSC00486.jpg

How many miles you get on the osd since the last incident? Everything still looking good?
Posted via Mobile Device

How many miles you get on the osd since the last incident? Everything still looking good?
Posted via Mobile Device

Think about 400 miles. Road hard but not track hard yet. It only takes a bit of time to pull the cover and keep things checked. So far so good. I have noticed an odd mark on the other side of the chain links thu. Its in the center of the outer face of every link. Be pulling the cover soon...when I pull the arm off. Checking it out then.

Up-date:
The new lcluster build stalled out for $$$ better spent.
The swingarm is still on. My welding friend picked up a new job odd hours so not made it by yet. I think Im going to make what I want to work for now and PC it black with chrome top cover...no air-tank for now.
The HMFs sold as many of might have seen in the classifieds.
Re-wired the right side of the bike...from electric things add over two years ( just cleaning up the wiring some).
Been working on the OSD up-grade parts ( STEEL sprocket hub and HD bearing)
*Removed both air intake ducts...and await picking up my BIG package:laugh:
Next up-date will be with build pics:whistle:

I need to do that to mine. I have a 08 blue and I need to put on the fairing screens on. I need help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Made the pick up today. Packed in the truck and heading for home.

Stage-2 Ultra lig/air plenum with heat exchanger, BigCC fuel upgrade, and some extra stuff.:laugh:

It just needs some TLB.....tender-lovin-blingage, done BigRod style! Clean, polish, swap, up-grade somethings and be ready to go:beerchug:

Watch for it.....watch for it...............................................

IMAGE_019.jpg

IMAGE_018.jpg

Back