Now Back It UP! - 2 minute Texas Mile Special Preview - Quest for the Fastest

fulltilt

Registered
As some of you probably know, I've been matching up fast cars and bikes and video taping the action for years. The first stuff I put out predates YouTube by a long spell. The initial hype and fascination with this kind 'street'-like roll racing is still there. Before the video sharing sites were up and going, this kind of stuff was a challenge to spread around. Now, there is a lot of it.

However, really good content with great filming techniques is still hard to come by. There is something integrally difficult in filming side by side racing that goes more than a quarter mile - especially when you are flirting with the 200mph barrier.

So this is the latest project I've been working on. It is a show called Now Back it Up! The concept is simple. I aim to find the fastest vehicle in the country through a series of fun and entertaining eliminations culminating in a set of semi-finals and then the actual final event.

Tons of people think they are the fastest - few actually prove it. On the internet, accountability is sorely lacking. Now Back It Up! will methodically work through a set of 54 competitors, cars, bikes, trikes, anything as long as it is street legal and plated.

We were granted permission to film side by side racing at the Texas Mile land speed event during the lunch breaks, which was a privilege. During our short access to the course, we filmed 60 mile per hour roll contests from the quarter mile marker to the 3/4 mile marker for a clean half mile roll.

Though we had 14 committed people coming into the weekend, a full 10 of them backed out, broke, no-showed, etc., which left me scrambling to put a full slate of contestants out there. Luckily, being at the Texas Mile was hugely helpful. Found a total of 12 cars and 4 bikes that were eager and willing to run.

Did a single elimination format for both the cars and the bikes. We were not allowed to run the cars and bikes side by side. It was enough of a concession that they let me run a camera bike behind to capture the action. In the future, we'll have the cars and bikes running together, I hope.

In any case, here is a little teaser from our Now Back It Up! Texas Mile Special.
- You Think You Are Fast? Now Back it Up! TV show - Sizzle Reel[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
That last shot of the Busa smoking the tire off at speed was awesome!! :thumbsup: MORE MORE MORE!!

Last edited:
I like your hosting style , great concept too.

How many place could you visit across America to make a series out of it ?

Sort of like American Idol meets Pnks .

I like your hosting style , great concept too.

How many place could you visit across America to make a series out of it ?

Sort of like American Idol meets Pnks .

Yeah but with one MAJOR difference....no faking!

Amer. Idol = future lip sync stars of America
Pinks = buncha sandbagger cheats! (aside from Pinks All Out and even then it's hard to say who's really good at peddling)

This stuff is no holds barred, run what ya brung, full throttle because anything less and you have zero chance of winning! :thumbsup:

Teaser...any idea when or where it will air?

Gotta buy it, but its worth it. I got a full tilt DVD a few years ago. I bought my Busa in January, so i couldnt ride it in NY. I found a full tilt DVD, they were racing Busa's with vipers, vettes,Supra's ect... Needless to say, the Busa's won. Really got me excited about riding my new Busa.
I brought the DVD to work with me, buddies and I watched it on our lunch break,they were amazed how fast the Busa was, the looked at me like i was nuts for buying one:thumbsup:

Anybody else notice the guy said 800+ hp? Looked like stage 1 or 2 turbo to me, could be wrong tho, ill have to tune in to find out i guess

Last edited:
hahaha you know, i am a super car guy at heart...

but watching that video... it was the Busa rolling the smoke off the rear that got my heart pumping a little...

good concept... not a huge fan of 60mph rolls(i believe a race is from a dig no matter what)... high speed rolls leaves the door so wide open for big turbo cars... aka supras.... however still a good concept...

i would DEFFINATLY watch, just to see the cars and bikes run..

:thumbsup:

Gotta buy it, but its worth it. I got a full tilt DVD a few years ago. I bought my Busa in January, so i couldnt ride it in NY. I found a full tilt DVD, they were racing Busa's with vipers, vettes,Supra's ect... Needless to say, the Busa's won. Really got me excited about riding my new Busa.
I brought the DVD to work with me, buddies and I watched it on our lunch break,they were amazed how fast the Busa was, the looked at me like i was nuts for buying one:thumbsup:

Anybody else notice the guy said 800+ hp? Looked like stage 1 or 2 turbo to me, could be wrong tho, ill have to tune in to find out i guess
Well according to YouTube ANY twin turbo car can beat a Turbo Busa. :poke:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dude, from 2:11 to 2:14 needs to be a .gif. it'd stay in my sig forever, lol.

That's why Tvo is GREAT! Record what you want and forget the rest! That looks like it's going to be awesome! :cheerleader:

I do, still slim pickins though. I can usually find enough for the little I watch. Things like this need to on Speed Channel.

another great fulltilt production :bowdown: I just wish I had a turbo bike so I could even consider throwing my name into the hat. I know I could probably take more than a few cars but up against a turbo busa I wouldn't have a chance. :banghead:

Best of luck Kerry! I do hope they let you do some car vs bike runs. In the final round would probably end up with two turbo busa's but at least the semi's might still have a car in it. I guess it depends on how the ladder is setup.

Sorry but after this video? I guess I lost something... I love accuracy in these videos and this part sort of stepped over the line IMHO... hate seeing people/parts getting a bad rap when the viewer has no clue to the issue at hand.. This entirely miss-installed part could have really hurt someone and it is blamed on the part.. those spacers? wrong place, the bolt? wrong bolt, in other words, a 5 year old could have installed this better... certainly no worse..

would hope you would go back to that video and note that the part was installed incorrectly and the cause of the failure is pretty obvious... (and if this was not your video, most sorry.. just associated the names) :)

do like your concept for the show :) hope that works out.. .sounds much better than the show where they guess ET's (Pass Time?)

Fullscreen%20capture%20182010%20100814%20AM.jpg

If you would like, I can send you a good batch of photos of "how to install" this item... (and where the spacers really go ) :)

Last edited:
so after watching the video 2 things come to mind...1 is whats a birth certificate and passport expediting company? sounds like he makes fake id's??? maybe the officer on there needs to talk to that guy:poke:

secondly i wanna see more of that busa breaking the tire lose at light speed

upon re watching the video i see the ford gt broke one of its rear tires lose as well...ud think that super car would have some sort of traction lock or at least spun both tires

Last edited:
I'd love to see the DVD...Looks like that might be Shane with Scott Guthrie Racing blowing the tire off~!~ :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Where do you order the video, I couldn't find it on the site before...?

That's Shane getting it done and Ben with the other tricked out TURBO bike... :bowdown:

Back