fitted r&g crash bungs today

eddy

Registered
o my god what a nasty scary job that was
first things first i hate taking the fairings off
i used a lazer pen on my camera tripod lined up the bolt hole refitted the fairing marked the fairing took it off again checked the lazer to make sure it had not moved then drilled a 25mm hole first side spot on :thumbsup: did the second side lazer pen stopped working when fitted fairing back on so had to repair lazer pen and start again second side spot on :thumbsup:
i don't really like them on there but if i leave them sat in the garage i bet you i damage it
will post pics when better light
PS if you are going to do this get a lazer pen its so easy got my pen from ebay 99p and free delivery from china

you mean these I suppose

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

i used a lazer pen on my camera tripod lined up the bolt hole refitted the fairing marked the fairing took it off again checked the lazer to make sure it had not moved then drilled a 25mm hole first side spot on :thumbsup: did the second side lazer pen stopped working when fitted fairing back on so had to repair lazer pen and start again second side spot on :thumbsup:

Awesome idea!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:WOW!!! That is an awesome idea...so simple but I could not figure out how to find the hole locations without screwing up my plastic.

What are you guys using to cut through the plastic??? I wanted to add these but dont wanna damage the surrounding plastic. I'm afraid a hole saw while leave swirls around the edges where the chips rub.

Will the frame sliders protect the fairings against a fall over or is the problem they don't still out enough. Torn if I want to do it to my bike.

Has anyone slowly laid the 08 over on its side with these on to see what now hits and what the damage may be limited to? Just a kick-stand fold is around $2600.00 in repairs (Dealer Quote). Mine and every pic I have seen that has had this happen looks identical.

Tiny front fender nick
Broken clutch lever
Skinned up left bar end
Skinned up left mirror
Skinned up magneto cover
Skinned up turn signal pod
Skinned up upper left fairing
Skinned up and usually cracked lower left fairing
Skinned up front fairing
Skinned up left foot peg
Skinned up left exhaust if you have it

Just looking at this list persuades me even more

After much experience with frame sliders I am no fan of long sliders. Those are great for parking lot tip overs. However, if you drop that puppy at 50 mph and ends up off the pavement as soon as the slider digs into the dirt, you prized busa will usually flip over and many times it takes off the wind screen, guage cluster, fairing stay, tank gets whacked and then works the opposite side over before coming to a hault.

After spending a small fortune on crash repairs, we now use the stubby Vortex sliders which poke out about a half inch past the plastics. Since, we have had very good success in keeping the bikes on one side after it's down. Far less money in repairs.

These are Frame Savers not Plastic Savers!

These are Frame Savers not Plastic Savers!

AMEN.

Its hard to explain to people (I worked at a dealership for 5 years) that these are for your FRAME, the plastic damage that is reduced is just a BONUS.

R&G makes the best sliders I've seen IMO. Friend tested a highside at 70-75mph on Palomar, broken little finger, but was able to ride the bike home.

I've got them on my bike too, but in a different slot...

IMG_4032.jpg

:thumbsup:WOW!!! That is an awesome idea...so simple but I could not figure out how to find the hole locations without screwing up my plastic.

What are you guys using to cut through the plastic??? I wanted to add these but dont wanna damage the surrounding plastic. I'm afraid a hole saw while leave swirls around the edges where the chips rub.

i used a cone cutter i got from snap on about 70 pounds i think

Could you post some more pics of this bike...? I always liked the Gray with Gold wheels and wondered if you had some better shots... :beerchug:
Its a demo Busa from the official importer of R&g sliders......pegs and weels of a brand...dont remember....ahhhh and MRA windshields

Back