tre mod qwestion

scorpion

Registered
hi just got my 07 in black. going to put a tre on it .
will just adding a k and n .and open pipes work well. just wont to know if the tre is worth the effort . the bike runs so well now. will it be better .
love speed , and dont wont a bike with a 186 limit , like the feeling that it will still pull . any advice on tre,s .

Black is the only way to go ! :thumbsup:

100_0256.jpg

love ya bike , are your pipes powder coat. doing the same to my viper race cans . your bike is how i wont mine to look ..will get there..:beerchug::beerchug:

TREs are junk and a waste of time.
Get with Johnnycheese, or Greg Smith if you want to unrestrict the bike.
They can do it 1 of 2 ways that work better and probably for 1/2 the price. I don't know the price deal, but it used to be not terribly expensive.
Just an FYI tho, the bike won't go 186mph anyway, so the restriction isn't hurting you.

thanks for feed back, will see what comes my way now on tre,s . some say yea some say no. will plug on in and see. i guess. with open pipes and a gps on my tank . it read 180 mph. ran out of road at that piont but would have got a littel more.

TREs are junk and a waste of time.
Get with Johnnycheese, or Greg Smith if you want to unrestrict the bike.
They can do it 1 of 2 ways that work better and probably for 1/2 the price. I don't know the price deal, but it used to be not terribly expensive.
Just an FYI tho, the bike won't go 186mph anyway, so the restriction isn't hurting you.
Sleepers right.....all the tre will do is hurt your gas mileage and idle, and make the throttle more abrupt at lower throttle settings. Greg (Smithbusa) has a $30 switch that turns the speed restriction off/on in 6th gear only without affecting anything else on the bike..best way to go imo :thumbsup:

Sleepers right.....all the tre will do is hurt your gas mileage and idle, and make the throttle more abrupt at lower throttle settings. Greg (Smithbusa) has a $30 switch that turns the speed restriction off/on in 6th gear only without affecting anything else on the bike..best way to go imo :thumbsup:

Have you run one on your bike? My mileage is about the same. The idle is good. My throttle is smooth and predictable in every range. That disproves every negative point you listed (at least for my bike).

+2:thumbsup:. never had idle problems with mine and I didn't buy a 200 mph bike for fuel economy, BUT, when I am just cruisin', I average about 38 mpg. and if your busa won't break 186 with a TRE; 1 of 2 things, trade it in or lose weight :rofl:

While I have never had problems with my TRE (IVAN'S), I do believe there are more effective ways to unrestrict the bike. I have heard they can actually hurt your 1/4 mile times, I may remove mine next time out to test this claim.

+2:thumbsup:. and I didn't buy a 200 mph bike for fuel economy,

Unless you have over 200 hp to the rear wheel, you didn't buy a 200 mph bike.

and if your busa won't break 186 with a TRE; 1 of 2 things, trade it in or lose weight :rofl:

If anyone believes that a TRE of anykind will allow your otherwise stock Busa to break 186 mph, they should trade it in, because they are giving educated Busa owners a bad name. :rofl:

Just because it says 186 on the speedo, doesn't make it so.:thumbsup:

what the hell has being dislecsik got to do with my [qweston] about tres.
has anyone had good results. as a small mod.

Back