Pair Valve Solenoid removal for Gen II Hayabusa

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
No longer is there a need to leave the octopus laying on your valve cover LOL

Plug and play solution :thumbsup:

pairvalve.jpg

Dumb question....

I am new to the Busa world and am curious as to what the pair valve does and what the benefits of removing it are?
Thanks!

Last edited:
youll be receiving my business yet again... good looking out for what people want... maybe you and schnitz could team up and make a package buy...

keeps the exhaust from popping on decel, lots of guys do the marble mod which has same effect, this just helps clean up the bike if you wanna put blockoff plates and remove the extra hardware / weight off the bike

keeps the exhaust from popping on decel, lots of guys do the marble mod which has same effect, this just helps clean up the bike if you wanna put blockoff plates and remove the extra hardware / weight off the bike

Thanks. I just picked up a pipe from Brock, so it sounds like it is also a good time to do this. I was going to install a wide band also. I am glad I understand now what this does. Wouldn't this device skew the readings and show a lean condition?

Dumb question....

I am new to the Busa world and am curious as to what the pair valve does and what the benefits of removing it are?
Thanks!

It's more a racing trick, modernized. Credit Smokey Yunick; for the man read his physics books from school. He knew to drill a hole at the exhaust header to introduce oxygen to re-fire the fuel. This helped to keep the hot air moving again on the re-fire, empty the chamber to add more fresh fuel/air to be refilled than spent fuel/air.
That trick is still around today and continues to produce a high performance engine at this level.

Does it hurt to bike to pop on decel? No. Is there a performance gain? Well, are you letting that spent gas stay unburned? No pop of cold air meeting hot air is thunder clap Newman?

Where is the dyno chart with and without PAIR in play.

im not claiming this to be a hp increasing thing, this is for people who pull off the pair system (went turbo in my case) and dont want the extra hardware laying on the motor and want to clean things up, thats it :thumbsup:

This thread is killing me because as its being shown, it has no measurable performance gain, and your wasting your time. :pullhair: Unless you are running turbo and your cramped for space, there is no need to get rid of a small plastic valve that weighs nothing if you do the marble mod.

BUT, done differently its good for about a 1 HP gain. Remove the plastic valve and metal bracket and replace the valve with a 1/2' tee. Connect the tee to the crankcase vent under the fuel tank. The reed valves in the head pull a vacuum at high RPM that will evacuate the crankcase. plug the hole to the back of the airbox that originally whent to the crankcase.

Crankcase evacuation is good for about 1 HP. Not much, but at least you have done something usefull with the mod, and you can save your money on PAIR blockoff plates. Only downside to this mod is that the vacuum in the crankcase costs you a little bit of oil pressure.

Merry Christmas, oh and buy the plug from Greg.

Last edited:
i personally like it clean under the tank, the less stuff that's not doing anything i can get rid of the better for me. By no means is this thread saying everyone must buy one or your bike will suck LOL. I know there are a lot of other guys who will appreciate not having to have that thing sit on the valve cover.

Thanks again Greg for making stuff people want that no one else will make... :beerchug:

Merry Christmas!

Back