PAIR valve on the 08?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Okay you mechanical Guru's, share your knowledge with the rest of us. Does the 08 have a PAIR Valve or not? The entire assembly of steel tubes, valve and hoses attached to the Gen.1, is no longer there. I hear some say it's now on the right side of the airbox while others say it's vanished completely.

If indeed there is a PAIR valve assembly hiden from view, could someone please take a photo of this illusive creature and post it up?

YES there is! it has been moved to the intake side above the head between the airbox
thumb_up.gif
lurk.gif

The 2008 uses a Air Cut Valve located on top the valve cover inbetween two reed valves . This type is nothing new to the industry and was used on many bikes like the Honda VTR1000F as example  .

Most likely you can just cap where the hose attaches at the airbox the plug the hose for now .

In the past I have simply flipped the reeds upside down to disable the system or when the head was off , tapped and installed pipe plugs into the two holes .

I have a pdf file that shows it and will email it to you if you want to put your address in my PM box .

Back