08 Pair valve

Haya01B

Registered
I was looking at the parts list for the 08 Busa and came across this. Is it the new pair valve design?

0022.jpg

Here is another little pic of the oil pan. Note the two large tabs on the corner sides at the end. Guess what mounts to them?

0007.jpg

Here is another little pic of the oil pan.  Note the two large tabs on the corner sides at the end. Guess what mounts to them?

0007.jpg

I have heard others talk of the pair valve what does it do what is it? I am new to this what is the benfits of modifying it? Thanks
rock.gif

On the Gen1 Busas the PAIR valve takes fresh air from the air box and injects it into the exhaust at the headers, causing unspent gas to spend(burn). Problem with it was with a FULL exhaust system the PAIR valve caused backfires in the exhaust. By removing the PAIR valve you stopped the backfiring and polluted just a little more
winkold.gif

Thats the reed valve you are referring to. Plugging the hose entering the air box while mapping helps but there is no performance gain in removing or altering the reed valve or the infamous parve valve. Some say you save weight.
lurk.gif

Part #6 is the PAIR valve, Part #1 are the Reeds. They mount on top of the valve cover(Reeds). They allow fresh air to inject into the exhaust to lean out emmisions. The removal of the PAIR will only lighten you a couple of ounces, but will give you a little extra space under the tank. Yes, the oil pan is different also, so guess I have an extra Gen I billet oil pan!

So looking at that diagram, if you take the PAIR valve off, saving that few ounces and freeing up some room under the tank... is the new way to do it also blocking off the Reed's, putting a new cover over their original place?

The tabs on the oil pan are where the bottom fairing mounts to so I have been told. I think it is done with plastic rivits.

Back