Air Horn Mod

KRUZIN

Registered
For those of you that have a rubbing problem, I have the solution for about $8.00 from your local auto parts store. I an going to try to post up pics of what I have done. If you have a steible,Nebulus or a BadBoy air horn the air pump will slide up from the plastic horn assembly.

DSC00251.JPG

You can see the pump nipple that slides in the plastic horn assembly. There is a plastis locking peice that you can pry back a little to slide the pump up,don't worry if you break the little lock bracket as you will need to cut that off later..

DSC00254.JPG

You will need to get this adapter or one similar to fit into the hole where the pump nipple went. Once you get a snug fit use a little epoxy to keep it im and also to seal the two parts, careful not to use too much epoxy you don't want any getting down where the horns are or to clog the air passage..

DSC00257.JPG

Oh keep going.... liking this
smile.gif
I rubbed my fender pretty hard...

Next cut the side that has the air inlet on the plastic off but dont damage the inlet tube. You will trim and epoxy that peice back on to the pump..

DSC00262.JPG

This is the inlet tube that has been trimmed and is ready to be glued onto the pump. Careful not to get epoxy near the inlet hole of the pump when glueing the two together...

DSC00263.JPG

Next trim the other side to get rid of the extra plastic and make sure it is wide enough to fit the factory horn bracket.....and drill a hole for a bolt to fit. I did use the factory rubber grommet with the little metal peices...

DSC00273.JPG

Mount the plastic horn on the factory bracket wich may need to be bent a little but you will get alot more clearence and it does not have any weight to bounce around with the pump connected as one big unit..

DSC00275.JPG

The best place to mount the pump is on the right side under and to the right of the instrument panel. There is a round pipe to zip tie it to. I used some padding so I would not have metal on metal contact..

DSC00280.JPG

Make sure you dont have the mounting bolt installed on the pump (you wont need it) But that part of the pump (it's the square part of the pump) when you zip tie the pump to the round pipe make sure that peice is to the right of the pipe to keep the pump from ever shifting to the left...

DSC00255.JPG

Connect the two with 7/32" ID vacume hose, hook wires to the pump secure line and wires on top of intake tube of bike with zip ties and you are good to go.....I forgot to mention you will have to make the hole a little bigger in the horn assembly for the new nipple to fit in..

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
thanks for taking the time on this.. I would say this is almost required (I busted my fender from interference)

beerchug.gif

Darth frosty-are you happy with the nautilus stebel...did it hold up to normal bouncing around, rain, and vibration over several years? Also would be very interested to hear what you think of your brock's...are they alien head or megaphone? Are they ear splitting noise level? Very nice looking bike...please let me know, thanks, 2hip

Resurrecting an old thread for the mod but have a question. Got my stebel looking forward to this mod to better an more safely place it on the bike but there is sticker that came with that the horn must says it must be placed in certain angle with in 15 degree's straight up is this for the horn part or the pump or should I make sure that both 1/2's are mounted straight.

Last edited:
its much easier to mount the horn in the engine bay on the left side with the horns facing out the fairing

Back