Stock can mods

2quick

Registered
anybody actually know what to do to stock mufflers to get better sound and h.p. , i searched it and found nada any help would be GREATLY appreciated thanks, 2quick

I just modded my stock cans from mod post here...
1. used carbide burr bit on die grinder to remove welds on button allens (3 per can)
2.removed end cap
3.drilled 6 -1/2" holes , 2 between each bolt stud
4. re-installed end cap and screws
5. FIRED MOTOR AND TEST RIDE!

ps. see purrs like a Ferrari now!!!!

I just modded my stock cans from mod post here...
1. used carbide burr bit on die grinder to remove welds on button allens (3 per can)
2.removed end cap
3.drilled 6 -1/2" holes , 2 between each bolt stud
4. re-installed end cap and screws
5. FIRED MOTOR AND TEST RIDE!

ps. see purrs like a Ferrari now!!!!
Do you get any "backfire" from your bike with this mod? If so, should you do the marble mod? Thanks

My stock cans are modified and have been since just a few weeks after buying my Busa in August of '03...I've had 'em backfire maybe 4 times in all that time...no issues with 'em, they sound better than stock
cool.gif

no back fire at all.....and yes

<!--EDIT|NiTrowood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150305097 -->

when i did mine 1 driled 9 holes and cut the center tube down 1.5" sounded super cool and deep

Will it backfire at all cutting the end center tube down 1.5 or 2 inches? I just dont like that stock look..

Well, while I was waiting for the shop to mount and balance my new rear tire, I did this mod to the stock cans. All I can say is "COOL"--wakes up the sound a little. Cheap man's Muzzy! Thanks to you guys for the info on this one.

Just finished doing mine too! I love the sound, although I still can't wait to get a set of Yoshi's on there.
cool.gif

I took mine apart and welded in 2-1/2 inch straight pipes in mine.Sounds awesome and lost no power according to the dyno.A fair amount of work but im a cheap Mofo.Hee hee

<!--EDIT|aurorabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150426970 -->

i know not my topic but thanks for all the info guys.......

one question, hp gain or loss with the holes??

hopefully do mine today before head to the track

thanks

I took mine apart and welded in 2-1/2 inch straight pipes in mine.Sounds awesome and lost no power according to the dyno.A fair amount of work but im a cheap Mofo.Hee hee
I did something similar....................I am also a cheap bastid......... No just broke................
but I used 2" exhaust tubing and made a baffle for each side by cutting slots perpendicular in the pipe about 3/4 deep along the entire length and around the circumference, then I used a punch to bend the "baffle cups" down .I also drilled 1/4 holes the entire length in between the baffling. I cut the end plate of the stock can with a 2" hole saw, gutted the can, (hard part) and welded the baffle here. The other end is flanged to meet the mid pipe.
It kinda looks stock but sounds much better.
cool.gif

It was very labor intensive and I did not cut the cans at the end.
Heres a pic:
smile.gif

post_6_55404_Dsc00405.jpg

just did mine. wow sounds way better than stock. who would think it would make such a difference. all i did was drill 6 1/2 inch holes. amazing. i think ill pull the caps back off and cut down the pipes. i left room to do 9 holes on each, probably do that too. wow.

cool ill cut the tube down tomorrow. one thing i noticed when i just took it for a ride, Im hearing an air sucking noise. im guessing its the pair valve? was kind of weird. happens whenever you rap on the throttle, but yet it feels a little quicker now.

i really like the stock can mod.... did it to the bike on friday. love the deeper sound and especially since its a lil louder... did the 6 holes, but another guy on here said he did 9 and liked it alot better so might try that tonight...

adam

Back