Modify stock mufflers

troublemaaker

Registered
Has anybody tried to modify the stock mufflers ? I would like to get some more noise (some noise anyway) and maybe some more flow to go along with it. I have an extra set of mufflers from my first 'Busa and am thinking of cutting the welds on the end bolts and performing some surgery. If anyone has tried it, I would like to know how it worked out.
Thanks.

If you have more time than money it can be done. Won't get anymore power but you will get more noise.

Poke around the modifications topic. Should be a couple of different alternatives there.

Joker had his pipes tweeked for awhile and they sounded pretty good.

If you have more time than money it can be done.  Won't get anymore power but you will get more noise.  

Poke around the modifications topic.  Should be a couple of different alternatives there.  

Joker had his pipes tweeked for awhile and they sounded pretty good.
+1 you can get more NOISE, but your not gonna get any more power
wink.gif

If you have more time than money it can be done.....  
Alot of time, very little money............
Took awhile to de -gut all the baffles and chambers in this sucker. But it "can" be done......without cutting the can.
Sounds pretty good IMO.
Straight thru.....
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: "a"|1156611679 -->

DSC00588.JPG

Just take em off if you want noise . . .

2 peg bolts & 2 lower clamps.

Team WandL Racing GSXR.

Red,    *<(:{)-

Just did mine last night. I have heard it idle but haven't took it out on the road yet. I drilled the 9 1/2" holes but didn't drill the other end yet.

Back