Muffler Mod

I want to do this mod very badly, I take my can off the bike and start it and it makes my heart stop, it sounds incredible, but I don't know all about back pressure and stuff like that. Won't the engine need the back pressure, then I kind of don't think so. I looked this guys new 10r and he had micron exhaust on it and it was straight through. please help.

I would recommend drilling about 500 holes in that pipe then securing it in the center a little better. I think that would give you much better results.

I did a very similar mod to my 954. Only I used a baffle I made form perforated sheet metal.

My exhaust sounds very deep and not overly loud at all. In fact my bike is definitely quieter the a 954 with a micron. I couldn’t be happier with the sound and performance is untouched. No backfires and a very smooth throttle response.

Check it out.
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151180

A quick question for Bike382 or anyone else who has done this mod. Have you noticed any backfires while engine breaking after doing this mod? Thank you.

A quick question for Bike382 or anyone else who has done this mod.  Have you noticed any backfires while engine breaking after doing this mod?  Thank you.
Once in awhile I will get a backfire.. But hardly at all, even with engine breaking in a high gear.

I heard more backfires from engine breaking at Laguna Seca than I ever get from my bike.

And I did the full Bike382 mod, have been very happy with it.

sounds good dude thats kinda like a strait thro pipe yea??
biggrin.gif

sounds good dude thats kinda like a strait thro pipe yea??
biggrin.gif
Yep.. Straight through..

The only thing I might have tried after doing it was maybe creating an echo chamber.

My dad is awesome with.... well just about everything.

If he needed to and he was stranded somewhere long enough he could probably build a fricken plane or car out of materials he found laying around.

Anyway, I only see my dad a few times a year, he came up to visit and I showed him what I did.

He had mentioned that if I took the straight exhaust pipe and drilled holes in it and found a way to mount the pipe in th can sturdy without using packing, it would be even louder.

However I would not recommend trying this unless you have spare cans to waste and are pretty good at stuff like that.

Bike382’s mod, followed exactly works perfect. I have been very happy with it and no problems. It worked for Bike and it worked for me.

If anyone tries anything different such as what my dad had mentioned, it is only a theory.

But if I can come up with another set of stock cans some day I might try it just to see..

just stumbled across this and i have a quick question. read the insturctions and dont want to sound like and idiot but where did you get the pipe to put in the center of the can did it come from the can itself or was it something you had laying around.

Back